No, not really.
  Spiders? O_O
  No problem!
View Results

Padli Andel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm
i have spiders evrywhere biggrin i love them  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:53 pm
I moved to Queensland last year and there are some pretty gnarly spiders here.
One in particular has a HUGE web. From tree, to powerline, to telegraph pole, to tree. If a little bird flew into one, it would get caught. I had problems breaking the web with a stick.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 pm
When I was younger we had massive termite problems and also really really horrid ant infestations.
Around here people have really bad wolf spider problems but so far my house has been blessed.
http://lspoon.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/wolf_spider.jpg
I have definitely seen these babies around  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm
Spiders scare the s**t out of me. O.O
But, one time, my house had a tick infestation. I dunno what is worse - ticks or spides. We'd have ticks crawling randomly on the floor, and we always had to check the dog for ticks. Every day. One day she had 24 ticks on her. And we just had to wait for the brood to die, and hope no more had babies. We'd see big ol' bloated, pregnant ticks crawling up the wall, and just have to smash 'em. I even woke up in the middle of the night because I felt a tick crawling on my leg. (how I felt that in the middle of my sleep I shall never know)
Anyway, ERRGGH I hate those little critters. evil  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Hakaishi 666

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:35 pm
Every once in a while my house gets bats which is really fun because then my dad gets all freaked out and it's me that has to go in with the colander and pot lid. I would rather hold the darling creature but that would be inhumane. Once when I was bringing one of the bats outside though I did get to touch the cute little toe which was poking out of the hole in the colander.

My family also gets pigeons falling down our chimney but that doesn't happen as often as it used to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm
I hate spiders...hate hate hate them.
However, to answer your question, it's not so much in my home as it is in my backyard. We feed my cats dry and wet food outside so we get raccoons and opossums occasionally. They're kinda cute.  

Hyena_Queen

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:13 am
we have spiders but not that many. but every year we have a giant flying ant infestation in our basement, though last summer my sister left candy in her closet and it spawned the biggest frigging ants i have ever seen. they were at least a centimeter long! and the giant centipede that had its nest outside of her window, thanks to my other sister not cleaning up her food bits.

also last year, there was a silverfish infestation in our kitchen cabinets. every time i wanted a pot out of there, i had to get someone else to get it for me because i have a major phobia of the little fckers. needless to say, they still return on occassion
and in my room, no less! crying
i live not too far from a river so i see more of them come up through our plumbing than i ever wanted to.
why, oh why are they so hard to kill?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 am
Hakaishi 666
Every once in a while my house gets bats which is really fun because then my dad gets all freaked out and it's me that has to go in with the colander and pot lid. I would rather hold the darling creature but that would be inhumane. Once when I was bringing one of the bats outside though I did get to touch the cute little toe which was poking out of the hole in the colander.

My family also gets pigeons falling down our chimney but that doesn't happen as often as it used to.

Your dad has every right to get freaked out.
Sure, bats are cute as hell, but they're also the number one cause of human rabies.
A bite from a bat won't be felt while you're sleeping, so a bat in the house is potentially very dangerous.
If a bat is found in a room where a person has been sleeping, that person should seek immediate medical attention.
I've had two bats in my apartment this past month. While I think they're adorable, there's no way I'm taking any chances.

MortSanglant

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:00 pm
Somebody in my house spots a spider every now and then, around one every two weeks. And we get a ton of ants, especially in the summer. I've always thought it was weird how I'm afraid of probably more than half of the types of small spiders but I love tarantulas.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:39 pm
Me and the spiders in my room have an understanding. If they stay out of site then I wont kill them, and in return I wont go looking for them either. Its worked out nices, I only ever see one every couple of years. 3nodding  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

xXbandagedkneeXx

7,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:14 am
rolleyes ouch i thought its.. somekind of decor.. razz but yeah.. i hate real spiders on my ceilings n my walls.. coz its irritatingggg... :O but i do like.. decor.. :O  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:22 am
xXbandagedkneeXx
rolleyes ouch i thought its.. somekind of decor.. razz but yeah.. i hate real spiders on my ceilings n my walls.. coz its irritatingggg... :O but i do like.. decor.. :O

What the ********... Do you care to clarify your post, because if you don't I'm afraid the English language has died.

Whisper Gently

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:38 am
We get spiders in my house all the time, especially the little transparent ones with long skinny legs. We usually kill those on site because they make these massive webs everywhere that don't seem to catch anything apart from dust - and they breed like hell. We get big wolf spiders too, but I don't mind those since they make small tidy webs.

One year we had ants get in - the windowsill had become very rotten and they chewed through it. We first noticed when we saw lines of them marching through to the kitchen.

We've also had mice, shrews, bats, swallows, toads, snails, slugs (yuk), butterflies, crane flies, and an otter come into our house.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff