Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Nine Inch Nails Guild
So who caught NIN on their last european date at sonisphere?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PoisonAddict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 am
I thought they were fantastic. Anyone else hear the rumour they weren't allowed to play much of their faster stuff though? Personally I think that's gotta be bullshit.
Thought they definitely ended on a great set.

Anyone else catch them at Knebworth?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:03 pm
[~+~]

Wanted to, but couldn't.
>.<;

However.
They got slammed in all of the reviews for doing slow/soft stuff.

If you ask me, i think that's a real "goodbye" to the fans, as it must of felt quite emotional.

It wasn't for those who wanted to hear "Closer" just because they say the "f word" in it.
;>_>

Personally, i think it would of been pretty awesome if i was there.

That's a point, the media over here in the UK piss me off so much.
For example, the "Kerrang!" magazine did a supposed "tribute issue" to NIN.
What they got: A three page spread of a load of stuff a guy wrote about them, wasn't a bad article to be fair, a mention in the usual comic strip, and a review of the 02 concert.

This all being what some shitty emo band would get probably in a week in their magazine.
At the most two weeks.
(Although really that magazine was ruined about three, four years ago if you ask me, when all the crap music came in...)
Basically, what they're implying, is a band that have been around for over twenty years, had a huge influence on music, mean just about the same as a band that calls whining music.

Didn't see much in Metal Hammer or Rock Sound about them either, i think i saw a review in each, and that's been it as far as i can tell. |:
[/rant]

Sorry.
Just needed to get that out.
;>_>

User Image

Empty Spiral

IFocusOnThePain
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:10 am
I was there in ********' spirit.
>.>

I was tempted to buy that copy of Kerrang, but then I saw the price. I am NOT spending over £2 on a magazine that went downhill years ago, even if NIN are in it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:19 pm
[~+~]

It wasn't worth it.
Trust me.
>.<

The issue of Mojo was well worth the money though.
:3

(I think it was released a month or so ago.)

User Image

Empty Spiral

Calderbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm
Glad you had a good time there.

Once I heard about Sonisphere and NIN being present I was adamant on attending - the only thing that threw me was the price (worth it, in my opinion, but that doesn't change it being expensive as hell if you're generally skint). When I saw the Manchester and London tour dates on the nin.com 'site I reconsidered, due to feasibly being able to see 'em on the Wave Goodbye tour without needing to cope with having virtually no money for the then-forseeable future. I am slightly sad that I missed such an insane line-up though. sweatdrop

I too was tempted to buy that edition of Kerrang! but didn't, more for my general dislike of the magazine though.

The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games