Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
� Questions and Suggestions � Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira Midnight Moonlight

Gracious Millionaire

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:18 pm
ya i agree  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 am
Ok, so the guild has officially been made public, so anyone can post in the threads now. We'll be putting up a small bit explaining the rules to non-members once we get it done. Basically, they'll be allowed to post here and in the OOC. Anywhere else, and their post will be either moved or deleted.

If we have issues with anyone, it's a very easy couple of mouse clicks for us to ban them from posting here, so I'm not the slightest bit worried about spam or trolling.

As for the dA group, I do think it's a good idea, and it will certainly be made! But, it's going to end up being me and Pewterhead (Sheraedan) that do it, so that way there's no confusion about who's in charge of anything. Kyo (Jade) doesn't know dA very well, so he's decided to stay away from it.

Basically, the group will have a folder for each character, where their bio will be found. That's where anyone will be able to post art they've done of that character.

It will also have a folder for the Chronicles, and only Pewterhead and I will be allowed to post there.

We'll just be putting the posts from the RP together, stating the actual author of each post at the beginning of its paragraph, and labeling them with chapters. Here's an example;

Darkroot Chronicles ca. 2
Puff O Puff wrote:
Then rook turned and said "Well, follow me!"
Shereadan wrote;
Ronin frowned, as he had used too much energy escaping to argue. "Ok, I'll do that for now."

How's that sound to alla you guys??  

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 pm
Not that I've already said pretty much the same thing twice now or anything... ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:23 pm
its an ok idea  

Kira Midnight Moonlight

Gracious Millionaire

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm
So, I had an idea for a new contest the other day, and I wanted to know how many of you would even bother participating.

Anyway, we'd be using the Virtual Stock Exchange to see how much money each of us could earn, there would be gold prizes for first, second, and third, and possibly dragons if Kyo and I can decide on a good amount for it. The contest, once started, would run for about a month. The rest of the details will be given (made up) if enough people are interested.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:45 am
I think it sounds great.

One thing. For posting the actual chronicle on DA, maybe instead of the
'Puff wrote'
DA-da-da-da-da-da
'Rock wrote'
oh yeah? well da-da-da.

Could we simply post the authors on the homepage? Under their names we could show which characters they write as. That way the 'someone wrote' wouldn't get in the way of the RP.

Also. We should also put Gaia and DA account usernames on it. But I'm guessing you already were.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:00 am
Um, whadaya mean, "ok I guess", Kira? What's wrong with it? What would you do differently?

Also, yeah, I guess I see your point, zK. I can do it that way. And yeah, I was gonna do dA and Gaia usernames.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am
What's the currency? Would it be consistent throughout the area?  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:06 am
That is a very good question. I'm not sure. I was going to equate it's value to roughly the same a the dollar, for my own sanity, but I don't know what we're going to call it or anything like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 am
That... IS a good question... Should we make life REALLY difficult and have them use dragons? Or maybe Dragons were their ancestors' currency and they use a paper version based on the same thing? I actually hadn't thought of that until now! Thus, it is, indeed, a VERY good question!  

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:15 pm
What are we even talking about? Currency for what?

[edit]Paul claimed it was "obvious" that we're talking about currency in the rp itself. Though I have to disagree, as it was not apparent. Now that I know what we're talking about, I'd say that everything is electronic. No paper or coin. Since this is futuristic and whatnot. I'd rather we didn't use the coin dragons, but a paper form could be used if you want.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:20 am
A paper form would likely exist, with electronic being the more dominant form of currency.  

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100

Nan Shala
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:38 pm
((Revamping Tassen's Clan))

So Tell me what you think~ these are the basics.

The Monks of the Triniam:

The Monks of the Triniam are a little known society which resides far to the north, well away from modernized society and away from the corrupting nature of technology. There are three bloodlines, or sects within the overall society: The Path of the Mind, The Path of the Spirit and finally, the Path of the Form. The legends say that their societies began with the Triniam, the three Firstborn. One possessed the power to see the essence of all things and draw out the purest power of the mind into a physical form. Another possessed the power to brings one's spirit into the physical world, using it as a shield against all things that wished to harm him. The last possessed the ability to bring his physical form out of the world and into that of the spirits, making him immaterial, and capable of seeing parts of the world no physical being could ever hope to. The three Firstborn were siblings and lived during a time where the world was fraught with conflict and hardship. They resolved to use their abilities for the sake of the world, and quickly began to draw separate followings. The Triniam bestowed portions of their powers to a select few so that they and their descendants could continue their great works. Thus were the Paths made. The Leaders of those Paths, those with the ability most powerful within their bloodlines, were the Nan, The Nan Shala, the Nan Dorghen, and the Nan Fiett of the three paths respectively.

For a time, the Triniam were revered figures with many communities. They were defenders, councilors and leaders. Many people joined the societies with the hopes that their children would too be gifted with the powers of the Triniam. With time however, some grew greedy with their lust for power, and others, grew jealous. Many began to kill members of the Triniam when they were alone, or when they were weary, furious that they alone should covet the power of the Firstborn. Families would birth children with power and then leave the society, wishing to abandon the teaching of the Trniam. Even some who were thought to be devout fell to corruption, using their powers for personal gain, and evil. Eventually, the Triniam removed itself from society and let the world do its business without them. The bloodlines thinned over time, and eventually, it became very rare for those with the full gift to be born. the worst afflicted of these bloodlines was the Path of the Mind (Nan Shala's Group). for what must have been over a century, there were no people born with the ability to Express.

Over generations, the Triniam was forgotten save for in a select few legends known by only the most scholarly. The Government is aware that there is a Society in the North, but knows not of the power which could very well be hidden within it. As of recently, almost two decades prior to the Great Quake, there was a girl born with the true ability to Express. She was named the Nan Shala and was sent out into the world. However, upon her return, the entirety of the Path of the Mind was eradicated by the Quake, leaving her as the last member of that clan, and possibly the last person ever, who will wield her abilities.

((Outlining the Abilities of the three Paths: Keep in mind that the abilities may over lap in different ways, but if what they specialize in that make them unique to one another.))

Path of the Mind: See Nan's Shala's Profile for more info.

Path of the Spirit: The ability to solidify one's inner energy into a solid, but malleable form. This ability can be used as a powerful shield, as a projectile attack, or as an enhancement for physical abilities. (Those are the basics, I'm sure you guys could get creative with it)

Path of the Form: Capable of phasing through solid objects. Becoming unable to effect the world, while also being impervious to damage. Gaining the ability to move through space in any direction, as one isn't bound by the principles of gravity.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 am
Ok, that sounds good indeed. You've put a lot of thought into it for sure. I'll have to give you a little heads up about something that matters if you're going that far back, so lemme pm you.  

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash