Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
360 Elite Price Cut?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 am
Just surfing around G4TV.com a bit and I saw this in a bit of news...
G4TV

Rumor Patrol: 360 Elite Dropping in Price by $100
By: Stephen Johnson
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I love writing about rumors of console price-drops, especially when the rumors seem credible. Today's secret info: The Xbox Elite is coming down in price by $100, and the 360 Pro is being phased out altogether. The source: Kotaku posted a photo scanned from the Meijer catalog due on August 30, and it clearly lists a $299 price tag for a 120GB Elite under the words "new, lower price!"

As for the Pro model going away, I say good riddance: This would essentially mean the end of the infamous Red Ring of Death; we could finally end our long national nightmare. (Mini-Update: According to our commenters -- and my co-workers! -- the Elites still sometimes Red Ring... but not in the numbers that the initial RRoD outbreak produced.)

I'm putting a call in to Microsoft, and if I hear anything back, I'll let you know... but don't count on more than a "no comment." Expect the price-drop to be announced by Microsoft, not confirmed to the press. As for the timing of the announcement: Well, if this is on the up-and-up, it's got to be before that catalog drops on the 30th, so I'm expecting an announcement at Gamescon in Germany late next week

My question is: Will Microsoft's price-cut announcement be competing with Sony's expected announcement of the PlayStation 3 Slim? Rumors are flying about that announcement too. It looks like a classic console price-cut showdown might be brewing for Leipzig; I call it The Ruckus in the Rhineland. Of course G4tv.com will be there in force, breaking news and breaking skulls in Germany. Keep your browser tuned to G4 for all the details during the German game show--I'm talking previews, interviews, videos, news, and more.

Hhhmmm... maybe its soon time to buy another 360 console 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm
Yeah, the rumors about this happening have been going around, also why would you buy a new 360? you could just buy a new harddrive if you really needed it...  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Why should I buy a new 360? I don't know lol, but I do know that if I do. I would give my current 360 to Dreamer so she can have something better than a Wii xD. Also I am kind of a compulsive buyer when it comes to soft/hardware.

But yeah, I doubt I will buy a new one. More than likely I will wait for a price cut on the 120GB HDD or just wait for something larger.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm
-.- Why would I want your poop 20GB 360?

Dreaming of the Day

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff