For Band Geeks in the Low Brass/Woodwind Section 

Tags: Band, Musician, Brass, Woodwind, Marching 

Reply Low Section Discussion
POLL and What makes you the maddest in band

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do to a person who missed the first rehersal becaus they forgot about it
  Make them run for it.
  Make them march the next day for hours.
  Nothing and let them off easy. (bad choice)
  Kick them out of the band.
  Other. (if picked explain in a response plz)
View Results

MyriadOfChaos

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm
Ok so the point of this poll explains itself but i want to hear what makes you the maddest when dealing with underclassmen, band director, etc.

like for instance my cousin got in and hes an 8th grader but he wasnt at the first rehersal of summer band and his excuse...wait for it wait for it...HE FORGOT and he expects our band director to be ok with that
so tommmorow im talking to my band director to kick him out of band cause my bands motto.
" If you dont want to be there then we dont want you there"
and clearly he doesnt want to be there

And i picked kick them out b/c the 2nd day of band camp he tried to leave and even had the nerve to say i wanted to leave too and im a huge band nerd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm
arm circles, for a looong time  

yellow lilly

Dapper Ladykiller

-light-sensitive-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:12 pm
the thing that makes me the maddest in band is..........

this girl plays trumpet in MB with me and the 7 others. so there is 9 of us. and when we march, we march in lines of four. (as many bands do). she tok my stop last season and i was kicked out of band for marching with the baritone line (only three), so i fit in.

luckily, i moved. so no more band in florida. no with mr. monday in virginia.

but that really pissed me off.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm
The thing that makes me maddest in band:

I have two...

1) When someone CLEARLY not as good as you at your instrument thinks they should be 1st chair because they think they are better.

2) When you are playing already EXTREMELY easy songs in band but you are FORCED to play 2nd or below chair.

I HATE THOSE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way, I play soprano, alto, and tenor saxophone, percussion, and trumpet in different bands... Lol.  

Soul Brotha Brigade

1,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:26 pm
Well what i hate most out of band is that everyone expects me to be my older brother. he has been the music prodigy in the family ever since middle school and is now the drum major and even competes in DCI every summer. when i was a freshman i was put on the spot and placed in first chair, even though there were other people in my section that probably deserved it more than i did and had more experience just because they expected me to be like my brother  
Low Section Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games