Bladed Awesome (Now with pics galore!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:55 pm
If I remember, Chinese didn't really use armor at all. But don't take my word for it.

I've always had a thing for the zweihander, but I wouldn't own one. I couldn't lift it, and nothing says overcompensation quite like a sword that weighs half your weight and is almost as tall as you are.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:17 pm
I really can't get over how awesome this thing is. I mean, like I said, I've wanted a sword since I was a Zelda nerd... when I was eight. Eight! And now that it's finally in my hands, it feels so perfect. Solid, well put together, sharp, beautiful. Everything I always thought a sword should be...

heart  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 am
Requiem in Mortis
If I remember, Chinese didn't really use armor at all. But don't take my word for it.

I've always had a thing for the zweihander, but I wouldn't own one. I couldn't lift it, and nothing says overcompensation quite like a sword that weighs half your weight and is almost as tall as you are.
I actually got to hold a hand-forged claymore. You can feel every one of those 13 pounds. Christ was that a beast.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:04 am
a guy i knew made a sword out of a piece of scrap steel he found one day... it was a really decently made sword, he got a skate sharpener to sharpen it all up for him and stuff... best $50 he ever spend he said... xd
it was about 3' long a/ a 8-9" hilt... weighed a ton of course xd  

Maddness91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:05 pm
Maddness91
a guy i knew made a sword out of a piece of scrap steel he found one day... it was a really decently made sword, he got a skate sharpener to sharpen it all up for him and stuff... best $50 he ever spend he said... xd
it was about 3' long a/ a 8-9" hilt... weighed a ton of course xd
My brother made one out of an old lawn mower blade once. Ground one blade round and cord-wrapped it, then sharpened the s**t out of the other blade. I never saw it, my parents found it first.

I'd post pictures of my own sword, but my camera's still out on loan and I have to be at work in half an hour. It's like the b*****d offspring of a saber and a broadsword. I suppose you could consider it a heavy saber, but it's more eastern in design. 1+1/4 bladed.  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff