"Why didn't I say that!?"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm
Ever go home and review the day's failed conversations in your mind? Ever think of stuff you wished you could have said, or you suddenly thought of a bunch of things to say when during the conversation earlier you couldn't think of anything?

xd

I do that a lot, I'll have a conversation with someone that was really slow or boring and then later I'll finally think of something to say, only it's too late.

Discuss:

When this happens to you in conversations or with actions.

If any serious consequences have come out of this.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm
hmmmm ok lets see... this usually happens to me as well. Sometimes the words that I want to use are at the tip of my toung but never come out. Then 5 mins after the conversation I remeber the word.

Consequences: Mybe not yet but I feel that it will happen when I go to interviews for college XP (yeah finally 4th year HS)  

Sautana

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 pm
I generally try not to. If I ruminate about anything involving me long enough, it triggers a depressive episode.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 am
Im too honest, I just say everything in to a persons face.

and they say Im rude bcs of that, NOT TRUE. you just have bad taste in music, bad taste in general or you are just a bad character with a fragile mind.  

Nik Ballion

Sato Midori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
I generally try not to. If I ruminate about anything involving me long enough, it triggers a depressive episode.

It's the same with me.. only I generally can't help but to think to hard on things.

So, yes I do this a lot.. almost every time I come home after being around people. I don't see how some people's minds are so sharp that they always come up with the right things to say in any situation, funny or not.

I wish I could do that..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:10 pm
Honestly, it doesn't happen much to me. I guess I'm just so used to being so bluntly honest about everything that just about anything that comes to mind is out of my mouth within the span 2-3 seconds tops without a second thought.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:46 pm
I think some of you may have misunderstood me, I have no problem with being excruciatingly honest to people. I can tell them my opinion, think of something funny/clever to say, but sometimes I just can't save a conversation from sliding into akward silence. The person is just too unresponsive.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:25 am
than you are just born with that rude-gene, you wont have many friends and you will die alone.

piss off, youll learn how to live with it.

ok sorry that was a bit hard. just shut up before you say something like that.  

Nik Ballion

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am
Sure. Mostly in arguments, after I finish them, I think of a dozen snappy one-liners that would have been really witty if they came out quickly, but are fairly useless two minutes later. Though sometimes, I didn't get them out not because I didn't think of them, but because the topic changed before I could get a word in edgewise.
What's really annoying is when that happens in a one-on-one discussion. Yesterday my mother picked me up from a dentist's appointment (I don't have a car) and starts talking as soon as she sees me. As we drive through the rolling and widely spaced hills of rural New England, she launches a breathless tirade on a dentist I'd never met, partially because the last time she saw him she had no children.
Fifty minutes later, we reach home and I finally get out, "In the office, the dentist lied to you. I tried to tell you at the time."
Hm, I think I interpreted the question differently than the rest of the thread... -^^-;

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm
Nik Ballion
than you are just born with that rude-gene, you wont have many friends and you will die alone.

Excuse me?

I hope you aren't talking to me.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Nik Ballion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:47 am
XWraith_LordX
Nik Ballion

Excuse me?

I hope you aren't talking to me.

hmmmm. Think I misunderstood something.
in any way, you need to stick with something you say. and if you are stopped before ending yout thought, dont stop. freedom of speech?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:38 pm
Infection XIII
Honestly, it doesn't happen much to me. I guess I'm just so used to being so bluntly honest about everything that just about anything that comes to mind is out of my mouth within the span 2-3 seconds tops without a second thought.

Same with me... and, well.... I live with my mother (who is the most witty human on earth, and comes up with responses really quickly) whom I take after.... I can't go through a day without making atleast 3 witty and sarcastic comments... I don't even think about it, they just come out (usually at my friends/boyfriend's, or my expense. Luckily, none of us take ourselves too seriously)  

Angel of the End

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff