Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Media & Literature
Harry Potter Books

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 am
This is a Harry Potter Book Discussion!User Image

The HP movies are not to be discussed here. Just the books. =)

Have you read all the books?
Do you own all the books?
Are you a fan of Harry Potter?
What is your favorite book?
Who is your favorite character?
Favorite scene in the books?

I'll get it started by answering the questions I have posted. Everyone is more then welcome to add questions to the list or talk about other things.

I have not read all the books. I still need to read the last one. I do not own all the book. I believe I am only missing the first and the last books. I am a fan of HP, just not a huge one. My favorite book would have to be the 4th one. It's just amazing and I could read it a million times and not get bored! I don't think I have a favorite character. They all are pretty good. My favorite scenes are the quidditch matches.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:39 am
I've read one through five and I own one through five. Don't know anything about the last two except little snippets poeple decide to tell me. D<
The stories are actually pretty good. I wasn't going to get into it cuz I thought it was a childrens' book but I just decided to read it one day. I'm not sure what my favorite book. The story is told well enough in each one that I have a hard time choosing. And I think my favorite character would have to be Hermione. She's the only one who seems to know what she's doing. Favorite scene is the dragon event in the fourth book.
User Image  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Deschaine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Questing Ain't What it Used to Be...

I was a huge HP fan.
I own all the books and a bit of paraphernalia.
However I really didn't like the final couple of books and only read them because I wanted to know how it ended.
My favourite book is the third one. I love Sirius and learning about Harry's dad.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...Care to Help a Girl Out?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:20 pm
Have you read all the books?: Yus~
Do you own all the books?: I used to. Lost most of them in the move, though...
Are you a fan of Harry Potter?: Wellduh~
What is your favorite book?: ...I dun has one. BUT NOT THE LAST ONE. THE LAST ONE WAS s**t...ake mushrooms. D=
Who is your favorite character?: ...Sirius. Or Remus. Or Severus, or Lucius, or Draco, or Nymphadora...
Favorite scene in the books?: TOO HARD TO CHOOSE.

Also; I am in denial about Sirius dying. He's just hiding behind that veil. Yupyup.

Pandafication

Rainbow Reveler

14,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:28 pm
User Image
I can't help being a gorgeous fiend.

I own and have read all the books at least 3 times. I am a huuuuge fan. My favorite is Prisoner of Azkaban, and my favorite character is a tie between Sirius and Dobby. My favorite scene is probably in PoA when Harry realizes that he's the one who cast the Patronous towards the end. I didn't really like The Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows was good. I didn't like some of the hook ups, though.

It's just the card I drew.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 pm
Have you read all the books? Yes, at least 5 times...>>;; User Image
Do you own all the books? Yes (loves collecting and reading books)
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Yep
What is your favorite book? The third, fourth and fifth are all pretty good, to me.
Who is your favorite character? The twins or Neville
Favorite scene in the books? Those which see Neville growing as a person, his story made me cry...  

Hanchi-Chan

7,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Kaoru Asano

Romantic Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:54 pm
1. Yes =D
2. Yesh ^^
3. I'm a huge fan, they're fantastic. J.K. Rowling's forethought just amazes me...I couldn't believe how many seemingly insignificant things turned out to be pivotal.
4. The last one was my favorite...I really loved seeing it all come together. It had me crying, laughing, wringing my hands with suspense (I'm a book nerd, yes xD)...lol it was awesome.
5. Well, I know it's lame, but Harry. Gotta go with the Boy Who Lived x3
6. ...I'm going to have to think about that for a while, that's hard lol!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:36 pm
Have you read all the books? I have read this series into the triple digits.
Do you own all the books? I have multiple copies of all of them.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? I am quiet possibly the biggest HP fan you will ever meet.
What is your favorite book? It would have to be a tie between 1 and 7. 1 is the book that started it all and 7 was the best written out of the whole series with some of the most heart wrenching moments.
Who is your favorite character? I have way to many, but Sirius, Luna, and Snape are probably my top 3.
Favorite scene in the books? Again, there are way to many, but the scene in DH when Hagrid is carrying the "dead" Harry, and Snape's death scene are near the top.

vickiibee

Tipsy Bookworm

zzzsleepieezzz

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:54 am
Have you read all the books? Yes
Do you own all the books? No. Only the last book bc someone had an extra copy, so dude gave it to me for free.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Yes
What is your favorite book? the 3rd (i don't remember why)
Who is your favorite character? Fred and George Weasley
Favorite scene in the books? I liked a lot of the scenes..haha so too many to choose

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:43 am
Have you read all the books? Yes. Multiple times.
Do you own all the books? Yes. I got the first one in paperback back in the day because even though I liked it, I didn't know how much I would like it. I read it right when the second one came out because my cousins were into it and told me i should read them. I got the second book shortly after in hard-back as that was the only way it was available at the time. From there I was hooked and bought each book the night they came out at the midnight release with my friends and being the first one in line. I need to replace my 5th book because it was partially destroyed in a terrible storm... But I do own all of the audiobooks as well, (to 're-read' in the car while I drive... plus you just haven't enjoyed the books until you've heard Jim Dale read them) and I own book 2 in the original British version. I found it at a half-price books.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? I would say so. =P
What is your favorite book? This is a tough one... I have fond memories of all of them. In a pinch I would say the second one. I love the pieced together mystery of it all and how it proved that Harry and Ron can be in a pinch without Hermione and make it through fine. As great as Hermione is... they just needed to prove to themselves that they could do it.
Who is your favorite character? It's a very tough call. There are just so many fantastic characters thoughout the books and so many of them evolve in such a great way where you may like them at first and hate them later... or hate them at first and love them later. My short list at the moment... (can totally change) would have to be Luna Lovegood, Remus Lupin and Fred and George Weasley.
Favorite scene in the books? Also a tough one... there are just sooo many to choose from. One of my classic favorite scenes tend to be forgotten due to the fact it was cut from the movie and that ticked me off because it's a great scene that actually has important story contests in it. It's the scene from book 1 where they are going after the stone and run into Snape's protection charm. The room with the potion bottles and the logic puzzle. It's an ingenious scene. It shows that although most wizards don't use logic (they prefer to just magic their problems away) that Hermione and more importantly Snape both have a very good grasp of logic and are thus more dangerous opponents in the wizarding world. It also helped show how Snape was helping to protect the stone. It did leave enough wiggle room for you to doubt his intentions though...  

Rannchan
Crew

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

ilover1508

IRL Lover

13,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 pm
well i have to be honest im a fan of hp not a big one as well i have not read any of the books at all only seen the movies. I think this summer on my list of things to do will be to read all of the harry potter books and i think ill buy them just to have them cuz i do like hp just not obsessed and maybe thats because i cheated i have heard the books are awesome nothing compared to the movies and thats how it usually is, i can even say the same for the twilight series =/  
Media & Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games