Reply Marijuana Discussion
woodstock.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

red rabbiit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:51 am
so yeah i was watching tv about woodstock and it made me think, a lot of people there were totally there for wrong reasons just get free stuff. what do you think the woodstock was all about?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:57 am
woodstock was about peace
and anti-establishment

and well drugs
lol

THE TRIP-OUT TENT!

Fog Machine
Captain

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

red rabbiit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:05 am
lol yeh i think their movement would had taken a hit on the world if there wasnt acid involved since manson and his followers were consider hippies, but they were high on acid and he picked the people he wanted to kill at woodstock.. hence the reason why the movement completely backed fired lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 am
red rabbiit
lol yeh i think their movement would had taken a hit on the world if there wasnt acid involved since manson and his followers were consider hippies, but they were high on acid and he picked the people he wanted to kill at woodstock.. hence the reason why the movement completely backed fired lol.

No he didn't.
None of his victims where at woodstock.

Fog Machine
Captain

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100

winter rat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Orbis terrarum est non altus satis

( User Image )

Most likely.
Their movement was about peace, and living free. Rather than living in some cut up society where it tells you want to do. Like, most, didn't believe in schooling and working because they thought it out to be conforming into society and given up your freedom.

And I'm not sure about that Woodstock thing, so I shall read up, I did however heard he did attend, after watching the film about Woodstock and picking out people from there, including most where high due to something other than pot.. and in that film it did state he was a "Hippie," so most likely, yeah.. could been the reason why that movement didn't work out. Though, only three people actually died at Woodstock (in 69, that is) but it had nothing to do with Manson, one died of a OD, another got ran over by a truck during his sleep, and I cannot recall the third one. confused

The world is not high enough" James B.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:24 am
Woodstock was all about music. nobody anticipated it being the giant cultural movement it was, hell my dad's girlfriend right now, got tickets and gave them away because it was supposed to rain that weekend.(shes 61) It wasn't all about drugs, It started with the music, wich triggered the senses of the acid droppers and weed smokers to do it, wich then triggered the peace. Woodstok was about music first and foremost, and I stick to that.

l u c i d x d r e a m s

winter rat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 pm
"Orbis terrarum est non altus satis

( User Image )

Yes, it was about music, and sharing, and love, and peace.
It was never about the drugs, really. That.. just play a role, I am assuming. But needless, that is where they statement, "Share with your brothers and sisters, they are right next to you," came from.
And that's the reason why it was a free three day show, the other day they had a bunch of shows about Woodstock on the History channel so everything is like fresh in my memory. rofl

The world is not high enough" James B.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:24 am
Sex, Drugs, Music.

Would have loved to have been there.  

Zalinzurai

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 am
I did my U.S history research paper on woodstock. It was a way to protest the vietnam war, and drugs, sex, and music were all side-effects. It was legendary. 40th Anniversary woodstock is gonna happen in september...15/16/17 bros.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm
I personally think it was all about the music and the good times. You didnt have to worry about not fitting in, being different, it didnt matter to them. My step aunt went to Woodstock and said that was the best time of her entire life, the most peaceful, and she met her husband there! I was so jealous >.<

(did you hear there was supposedly a small woodstock not too long ago O.O)  

Chronic the Hemphog

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

SK Loda

Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:38 pm
Yea man. In 89 the Chilis (RHCP) performed in front of their first major crowd at woodstock. 40th Anniversary is goin on in sept. GRAB YOUR TICKETS BROS!  
Marijuana Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games