Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Paintball rounds?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krilliad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:53 am
I was watching the show special ops mission and it almost looked like they had .223 rounds that were paintballs. Does anyone know what special forces uses for training and if these things are real?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 am
Simunition is the trade name of them. They're incredibly common in that kind of training/simulation situation, because they let you use your standard weapon with only slight modifications (internal, no BFA or anything like that) and approximately ballistically match the standard round, and are close enough for sound and recoil.

They're pretty intense and can hurt a lot, my dad's been in several training situations with them, and when he got hit in the upper thigh, couldn't walk right for a few days. Most of the intensity comes from the basic fact that you're using your standard weapon.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Barru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 am
Horrified Survivor
Simunition is the trade name of them. They're incredibly common in that kind of training/simulation situation, because they let you use your standard weapon with only slight modifications (internal, no BFA or anything like that) and approximately ballistically match the standard round, and are close enough for sound and recoil.

They're pretty intense and can hurt a lot, my dad's been in several training situations with them, and when he got hit in the upper thigh, couldn't walk right for a few days. Most of the intensity comes from the basic fact that you're using your standard weapon.

Yeah, would be much more fun than regular paintball.
^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 am
Horrified Survivor

Don't forget your goggles.

User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am
Fresnel
Horrified Survivor

Don't forget your goggles.

User Image
NAAAAHHZZZZING!  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas