Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does your section feel left out?
  my director has no clue that we exist
View Results

Hatako Nara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am
ok, when you share a part with another section (like horns share with trumpets ect), do you not get called on to play? my section is like the one that always gets left out because, i dont know, are mellophones like a back burner instrument or somethin? it kinda angrifys me.....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:39 pm
Haha I know how you feel but in my section we think of it as Yaay! we dont have to play!!  

wispsofdarkness

yellow lilly

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 pm
think of it this way, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil" the director doesn't call you guys out to play because other people need it more. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:47 pm
Um... my section feels left out of this guild. Like seriously... There's a bass clarinet topic but no BASSOON topic? crying

But anyways, it's hard to ignore our section in band this year, because there are so many of us. But we still somehow get lumped with the low brass (same goes for the bass clarinets and saxophones sometimes.)  

Everlasting Radiance

unicornxd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:38 pm
Bassoonist
Um... my section feels left out of this guild. Like seriously... There's a bass clarinet topic but no BASSOON topic? crying

But anyways, it's hard to ignore our section in band this year, because there are so many of us. But we still somehow get lumped with the low brass (same goes for the bass clarinets and saxophones sometimes.)

Yah,I'm feeling discriminated here!!!
The bassoon reads bass clef and doubles low brass parts!!!
We should have a part in this guild!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm
Well the low woodwind section is so totally awesomely amazingly good we dont have any problems like *cough flutes trumpets clarinets saxophones french horns cough* but we are still always forgotten crying  

Kimahri-wolf

TheMoodyFox

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:36 pm
unicornxd
Bassoonist

Yah,I'm feeling discriminated here!!!
The bassoon reads bass clef and doubles low brass parts!!!
We should have a part in this guild!!!

I agree! Im always getting left out in class because our low woodwind section is composed of 2 people : me and the contra bass clarinet crying
Bassoons need love too xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 pm
Alto clarinet stinks for that. They are used for hardly anything. Partly because they squeak a lot and bass clarinet is more fun. What really bothers is that contrabass isn't used more. Maybe those wimpy soprano clarinets feel threatened?  

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:39 pm
Well, considering I am part of the only three baritones in our marching band this year, yeah I feel pretty left out.  
Low Section Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games