Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Horrified Survivor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am
For those who don't know he's shipping out for the army today.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am
gonk  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:45 am
Wow, really? Did he mention that around here? That's, what, six people I know in the military.

One going to Iraq.
One going to Afghanistan.
One joining the Army.
Two joining the Marines.
And now another heading off to the Army.

Of course in Louisiana, one's options are limited. I hold a high respect for them all, though. Go safely, HS.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm
ArmasTermin
Wow, really? Did he mention that around here? That's, what, six people I know in the military.

One going to Iraq.
One going to Afghanistan.
One joining the Army.
Two joining the Marines.
And now another heading off to the Army.

Of course in Louisiana, one's options are limited. I hold a high respect for them all, though. Go safely, HS.
I don't think he mentioned it here. He talked about leaving in his status on facebook. I wasn't sure if he was leaving for vacation or the army or what till he made a status this morning saying he was leaving for the army.

Apparently one of the emo fags I went to school with is also enlisting.

Fresnel:
User Image  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:26 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
I don't think he mentioned it here. He talked about leaving in his status on facebook. I wasn't sure if he was leaving for vacation or the army or what till he made a status this morning saying he was leaving for the army.

Fresnel:
User Image
Some emo fags are actually gun nuts.
Like me. My gun nut buddies all thought I was gunna be some emo ******** at a party until I opened my mouth about firearms. They were floored. I got to play with a WASR for the first time that night. It was a good night.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel:
User Image
Some emo fags are actually gun nuts.
Like me. My gun nut buddies all thought I was gunna be some emo ******** at a party until I opened my mouth about firearms. They were floored. I got to play with a WASR for the first time that night. It was a good night.
His whole life is more about heavy metal and skateboarding. He doesn't know d**k about guns. I could say an AK47 fires 5.56 Nato ammo and he wouldn't question it.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
His whole life is more about heavy metal and skateboarding. He doesn't know d**k about guns. I could say an AK47 fires 5.56 Nato ammo and he wouldn't question it.
Fair enough.
And I talked to a girl who didn't know what an AK was.

And metal is a huge part of my life. And by metal I mean ammo.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

By metal I mean music. He listens to the s**t so loud some little Iraqi kid could probably shoot him in the a** with their AK and he would think they have a silencer.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:07 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

By metal I mean music. He listens to the s**t so loud some little Iraqi kid could probably shoot him in the a** with their AK and he would think they have a silencer.
I know. I'm a metal head, and I love loud music.
And I didn't know they made silencers for AKs. Well, I know about the ugly as sin suppressor for the AKS 74U, but...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

I know. I'm a metal head, and I love loud music.
And I didn't know they made silencers for AKs. Well, I know about the ugly as sin suppressor for the AKS 74U, but...
It's a sound comparison.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:49 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

God, that reminded me of some video I was forced to watch in government class. It was about Guantanamo Bay. They were talking about using music as torture, and played a song.

The song was "The Four Horsemen" by Metallica.

At first I was like
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But then I lol'd.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 am
Requiem in Mortis
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

God, that reminded me of some video I was forced to watch in government class. It was about Guantanamo Bay. They were talking about using music as torture, and played a song.

At first I was like

But then I lol'd.
User Image

Hopefully he will come back safely.

Also, I heard one of the songs they used was from Barney the Dinosaur. Now THAT is real torture! xd  

Man of the Demoneye

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:18 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

At first I was like

But then I lol'd.
User Image

I dont know about Gitmo, but I remember the army using heavy metal music to flush people out of a building sometime during the cold war. They played it over loud speakers day and night so the people inside couldn't sleep. Grenada maybe?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 am
Freak_090
Requiem in Mortis
Desert_Fox_Rommel
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fair enough.

At first I was like

But then I lol'd.
User Image

I dont know about Gitmo, but I remember the army using heavy metal music to flush people out of a building sometime during the cold war. They played it over loud speakers day and night so the people inside couldn't sleep. Grenada maybe?

Panama, my dad was there.  

Crash Maniac

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:55 pm
I just got a message from him on facebook.

Quote:
Hey Mack, the GGE would probably like to know that I'm about to start Basic Training/Infantry OSUT, and will be doing Airborne training in January. Also, that I've got a Magpul UBR stock waiting at home. Life is good.

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games