Submit

well choose
  Dattebayo
  Believe it
  dont care GOLD!!!
View Results

Rum the Bottlemail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:02 pm
They're both annoying, but it's just the fact that i can understand "belive it" that makes it unbearable. I usually don't pay attention to the japanese spoken in the fan subs, so dattebayo really doesn't bother me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:12 pm
Are you kidding me?!

Dattebayo > believe it.

Naruto's so cute when he says dattebayo..  

SQEEEE GURL

SourZack

Professional Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:59 pm
I haven't seen the US version but I can imagine that "Believe it" can be really annoying neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:03 pm
Naruto's voice in japaness crushes the english one, even with out subtitles you can distinctly tell his emotion, how he sounds when he whines about not being able to train, or when he gets grummpy at Granny Tsunade for not giveing him a better mission.

Over all not just Dattebayo but everthing, hearing Naruto shout Shadown Clone dosn't sound right at all! They should have left every signature move in japaness with subtitles in english it's just more fitting.  

Miliardo Kason

Sami-Umi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:06 pm
"I'll agree, 'Believe it!' sounds. . ." No comment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:15 pm
Supposedly, saying it in the original Japanese format would have been a HELL lot better. So, I hate Naruto when he says "Believe it!", it gets on my nerves.

And, as for Kyuubi and Naruto's merged voice, in probably all anime, if it's a complete polymerization/merge, then both voices is SUPPOSED to sound like that, except, it just sounded weird. It wasn't frightening, it was more like Naruto had a rock or some kind of nut stuck in his throat. xd

They could have used a more fierce voice instead. confused  

Mimoto Kawasari

Ryujikin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 pm
Dattebayo all the way. I hate how the dubbed characters are all twisted in the way of American idiocism.

In reply to the KyuubiNaruto voice merge, I would have to agree with you, Keitaro-san. In the RAW version, Naruto sounds a lot better.

But *sigh* this is dubbed crap we're working with. Can't really blame them, seeing as the person who plays Naruto is reather terrible.

"BELIEVE IT!" ticks me off... My brother runs around the house saying it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:32 pm
Ryujikin
Dattebayo all the way. I hate how the dubbed characters are all twisted in the way of American idiocism.

In reply to the KyuubiNaruto voice merge, I would have to agree with you, Keitaro-san. In the RAW version, Naruto sounds a lot better.

But *sigh* this is dubbed crap we're working with. Can't really blame them, seeing as the person who plays Naruto is reather terrible.

"BELIEVE IT!" ticks me off... My brother runs around the house saying it. sweatdrop

Yes, same with my little 6 year old brother, he runs in front of me, smiles, and mocks Naruto by saying "Believe it!" repeatedly, it's annoying. Now they even got my brother saying it.. stare

I hate what they did to the show, and my brother. gonk What's funny is, if you can imagine the merged version of Naruto and Kuuybi (US version) talking, you'd probably laugh. I just thought of it right now, and laughed. It actually does sound like he has something stuck in his throat. surprised  

Mimoto Kawasari

Euphonious Cantabile

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:55 pm
I don't like believe it, but I've never seen the Japanese version of Naruto...but I've heard people say that in the Japanese version, Naruto says "dattebayo" way too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:28 am
Sakura Phantom
I don't like believe it, but I've never seen the Japanese version of Naruto...but I've heard people say that in the Japanese version, Naruto says "dattebayo" way too much.

Same as in the US, like how the crappy US version of Naruto says "Believe It!" almost every 15 minutes per episode. xd  

Mimoto Kawasari

fhm famine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:01 am
[Love Hina] Keitaro
Sakura Phantom

Same as in the US, like how the crappy US version of Naruto says "Believe It!" almost every 15 minutes per episode. xd
ive never seen any of the anime but i have read most of the manga up till now and i dont mean the U.S manga witch is only like 8 books? But idd think belive it would suck too biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:36 pm
Dattebayo and Believe it both sound lame, my saying is "respect it"
can i get a aman?! j/k "you don't have to believe it be you better respect it!!!" ~Hykuya~ (my charie)  

Airashii_Enjuku

7,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200

pinoyidol2006

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:44 pm
love 'em both  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff