Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Looks Like Stephenie Meyer Has A Lawsuit On Her Hands . . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Stephenie Meyer is guilty?
  Yes, it is obvious that Jordan Scott's claim is nothing but truth.
  No, this is just a publicity stunt to draw attention to an unknown author with an unknown book.
  I really don't care . . .
View Results

Beatbuyredd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 am
Chouji Cosplayer
SOM3BODii TOLD M3
they just want her money
agreed

duh of course  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:45 pm
They also just want publicity for their books. That's the main reason for the lawsuit if you ask me.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

KawaiiALEXX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
I'm hoping for her to win, mostly because after all the stuff that's come out of Twilight (Cullenism, anyone?) really creeps me out. And maybe I'm hoping for too much, but my hope is that this may bring the Twitards and Meyer back down to Earth.

If Jordan Scott won this case, I do not think it would bring them down to earth. It would open a can of worms nobody wants. First think of the insane publicity the series would be getting, next think about the hissy fit that the millions of outrageous fangirls around the globe will throw. If anything, it will only boost the popularity and awareness of the books.

Also, I don't know why you want Stephenie Meyer to lose just based on that point. I'm sorry, but that is completely ridiculous. It is completely unfair to compromise the legal system just for the sake of "bringing the Twitards and Meyer back down to earth." The only way Jordan Scott would have a case is if she had some real, concrete proof, and, in my opinion, she doesn't. Jordan Scott is making assumptions based on nothing.

@Kittycharm:
I completely agree with you. It is a waste of time. Jordan Scott has absolutely no platform in which she's making these claims. She's pulling the out of thin air in the hopes that people will notice her unnoticed book. The plot in which these two books have, are not very original. Stephenie Meyer had set up the marriage, sex, and transformation into a vampire in the previous books. It's not like these plot elements were pulled out of now where.
Sorry, but I can't help that I'm a negative person who is horribly cruel and revenge-seeking. But after the shitty fanfiction that was masquerading as a novel was published, I have to say that I'm ashamed of Meyer for getting away with that. Personally, I feel that the series has been hugely blasted out of proportion and has gotten more critical acclaim and popularity when it's just a mediocre book series at best.

Next, after knowing that Twitards will physically assault and/or attempt to kill people who share a dissenting opinion on the books only makes me fear for my own safety, as I'm an intelligent fan of the series, along with being a Twislasher. Somehow, I don't think that anyone would be impressed that I prefer Edward/Jacob to Edward/Bella (VASTLY, I despise Bella for being a shameful Mary-Sue).

Oh, and I haven't been too impressed with Twitards in general, so I'd probably just laugh at this if it did actually go through, and then go on with my life.

your just one of those people who just hate twilight because its popular. and it is just kinda stupid to combine retard and twilight to create a new word...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 pm
KawaiiALEXX
Twilight Scribe
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Twilight Scribe
I'm hoping for her to win, mostly because after all the stuff that's come out of Twilight (Cullenism, anyone?) really creeps me out. And maybe I'm hoping for too much, but my hope is that this may bring the Twitards and Meyer back down to Earth.

If Jordan Scott won this case, I do not think it would bring them down to earth. It would open a can of worms nobody wants. First think of the insane publicity the series would be getting, next think about the hissy fit that the millions of outrageous fangirls around the globe will throw. If anything, it will only boost the popularity and awareness of the books.

Also, I don't know why you want Stephenie Meyer to lose just based on that point. I'm sorry, but that is completely ridiculous. It is completely unfair to compromise the legal system just for the sake of "bringing the Twitards and Meyer back down to earth." The only way Jordan Scott would have a case is if she had some real, concrete proof, and, in my opinion, she doesn't. Jordan Scott is making assumptions based on nothing.

@Kittycharm:
I completely agree with you. It is a waste of time. Jordan Scott has absolutely no platform in which she's making these claims. She's pulling the out of thin air in the hopes that people will notice her unnoticed book. The plot in which these two books have, are not very original. Stephenie Meyer had set up the marriage, sex, and transformation into a vampire in the previous books. It's not like these plot elements were pulled out of now where.
Sorry, but I can't help that I'm a negative person who is horribly cruel and revenge-seeking. But after the shitty fanfiction that was masquerading as a novel was published, I have to say that I'm ashamed of Meyer for getting away with that. Personally, I feel that the series has been hugely blasted out of proportion and has gotten more critical acclaim and popularity when it's just a mediocre book series at best.

Next, after knowing that Twitards will physically assault and/or attempt to kill people who share a dissenting opinion on the books only makes me fear for my own safety, as I'm an intelligent fan of the series, along with being a Twislasher. Somehow, I don't think that anyone would be impressed that I prefer Edward/Jacob to Edward/Bella (VASTLY, I despise Bella for being a shameful Mary-Sue).

Oh, and I haven't been too impressed with Twitards in general, so I'd probably just laugh at this if it did actually go through, and then go on with my life.

your just one of those people who just hate twilight because its popular. and it is just kinda stupid to combine retard and twilight to create a new word...
I fail to see where I openly admitted to hating Twilight. I don't hate the series, I like the potential that it had, but then it was completely butchered. I've read better things on the internet then those 'books' and they were published! I even admitted that I was a fan of the series! An intelligent one, mind you.

Oh, and I have been a 'fan' of Twilight since way before the movie came out. I have read all four books and by the end of them, I was fed up. I can take a lot, but Dawning Crap was beyond crap, in my opinion. And by that point, I was fed up with the series, with Meyer's huge ego, and with the fans who live and breathe Twilight.

And I did not combine retard and Twilight into a word. That has been done before, and it is used to refer to crazed fans who are completely obsessed with Twilight and have no life outside of it. Oh, and people who accuse an intelligent fan of the series of 'hating' on it, when they've just got a ton of problems with it.

So, I shall pose this question: Why is it that if anyone expresses any problem or dislike of the series, they're automatically branded as a hater?

Twilight Scribe

sakuragirl13me

8,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:47 pm
Stephanie Meyer one the case though thats the good thing! and i think that person was stupid cuz she only did that for money and publisity!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:04 pm
Twilight Scribe I have to agree with your question. If people complain about something in the series people automatically claim they hate it. This guild has become really bad about that it seems like. I'm in another Twilight Guild and people aren't accused of hating the book there if they calmly talk about what they dislike. I'm not saying everyone on this guild is like that as this was a wonderful guild at one point and I'm sure it still is but it seems like every time I flip through this guild someone is claiming another person hates Twilight simply because they don't have the same opinion on it as anyone else.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

hugcx hvgvcvjbv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:27 pm
habiku
I think she's just jealous since her book isn't very well known and she wants to make some money
Definetly, its not Stephenie Meyer's fault her book is so unknown.She is so suing for publicity.How can people be that way it disgust me!.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm
Beatbuyredd
Chouji Cosplayer
SOM3BODii TOLD M3
they just want her money
agreed

duh of course

i tottally i agree with u guys. she just wants money and stuff.  

smilygirl12

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items