Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
XBOX origional recommendations?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We Have A Winnar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am
So my husband has been wanting me to play the xbox with him, but so far I haven't found any games for the system that pique my interest. So, I am looking for recommendations of good games, mostly RPG types. Basically, I enjoy games where you do a lot of running around talking to NPC's, and piddling around on side quests. I do not really like platform games, they generally only keep my attention for about 15 minutes.

Games that I really like (on other systems): Any of the Zelda games for NES/SNES/gameboy, the "tales" series by Namco, Golden Sun, etc.

So, with that, recommend away, please. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:03 am
I can't think of a lot of games like that, but I'd reccomend the Fable games. Its pretty much a fantasy game where you play from childhood to adulthood in a fantasy world. You can customize your character's look, decide to be good or evil, which also effects your appearance, and work on stats that involve melee, ranged, and magic.  

Haratio TaFotter

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 pm
the elder scrolls: morrowind  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:50 pm
I definitely second both of those recommendations. And Jet Set Radio Future (more often just called JSRF) is a crazy, quirky game about a group of taggers on rollerblades. It has some of the coolest music too!  

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:54 pm
Jet set radio future is epic!!!!!! i loved that game!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 pm
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 1(maybe two) for a great story and party and Oddworld Strangers Wrath fun game.  

The Ginger Dude

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 am
Also definitely look into Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, and Jade Empire!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:59 pm
Sami Von Disco
I definitely second both of those recommendations. And Jet Set Radio Future (more often just called JSRF) is a crazy, quirky game about a group of taggers on rollerblades. It has some of the coolest music too!
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND!
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND!
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND!
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND!
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND!

on a more serious note, I'd recommend Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, or KOTOR for short. It's a blast to play; what's not to like about killing enemies with a lightsaber? If you play as straight Lawful Good you get some funny dialog and quirky arguments.

I'd also recommend Jade Empire, which is an action-oriented RPG, (no pun intended).

Both are made by Bioware, which is known for taking something already out there and turning it into something beautiful.

If you have plenty of time and plenty of patience, give Morrowind a shot, but otherwise stay away; the PC version loads faster with less chance of crashing.

Fable is short, but fun. If you find it for cheap, (especially the platinum hits version), it's definitely worth a shot or two.  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

Wade640

5,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 pm
If you're looking for RPG's then KOTOR and Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, those are the most popular RPG's on the regular Xbox. But there is also Sid Meiers: Pirates! which I also highly recommend.  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games