Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Wig Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:51 pm
Yaoi Uke-Kun
>.< Alright, so I'm crossplaying as Sugawara Koushi and I got this wig:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/hansel The Gray color. I have to part the bangs but, the bangs area isn't that long so if I part it you can see the wig base(?) ((The area where you'd stick your head in/adjust it)) :/ Any help on how to style it? I need to style it by this Saturday for a cosplay event.

Hello,

I've actually worked with Arda wigs before. while the wigs are thick the bangs do seem to cause a few problems, especially when parting straight down the middle. you may however be pulling the bangs to far to the side. it's not that they are not long enough, it is that they do not have as much volume in the bangs as the rest of the wig

part them slightly the way that you need them, to being right before you can see the wefting, stop right there and spray it down with some extra firm hair spray. it will hold long enough for the event, and for the next time you use it you can add in a new wefting to give it a bit more volume and lenght  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:05 am
Yaoi Uke-Kun
http://arda-wigs.com/products/hansel The Gray color. I have to part the bangs but, the bangs area isn't that long so if I part it you can see the wig base(?) ((The area where you'd stick your head in/adjust it)) :/ Any help on how to style it? I need to style it by this Saturday for a cosplay event.

Hello!
I see someone already beat me to responding to you, aha. (I was sleeping, my schedule is so whack :p)
Firstly I want to say that your choice of wig is excellent! Arda is a seller I frequently recommend, as they're trustworthy, helpful, and sell within a very large range of high quality wigs.
In order to solve the problem of your hair showing through your wig around the bangs, I'd think a simple wig cap could help. You can also put a clip inside of your wig is where your parting it so you can secure it onto your hair. This way there isn't much of a chance for it to show through.
You can watch this video about them to see how you can go about sewing them in, and what they would look like.
This tutorial is made by Arda, which is another reason why I like them so much. They have plenty of guides and tutorials for their customers, and non-shoppers as well.
Hope this helps vuv

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:50 pm
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hello,

I've actually worked with Arda wigs before. while the wigs are thick the bangs do seem to cause a few problems, especially when parting straight down the middle. you may however be pulling the bangs to far to the side. it's not that they are not long enough, it is that they do not have as much volume in the bangs as the rest of the wig

part them slightly the way that you need them, to being right before you can see the wefting, stop right there and spray it down with some extra firm hair spray. it will hold long enough for the event, and for the next time you use it you can add in a new wefting to give it a bit more volume and lenght

Oooh I see. c: Thank you! I'll be sure to use that to finish my wig.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:47 pm
Okay I don't know how many people relate to this but I want to try to see if anyone has any solutions and I would love to know if so, please and thank you.

I am Chinese, which means I have ridiculously thick hair (even more so than usual) and it is very long, because I am savi up for future COSPLAYS and do not wish to cut it. Is there anyway to get it in a wig without being too obvious? I cosplay a character with short white hair, and it just looks very fake because of all the black hair hanging out.

I've tried braiding it (which is the best so far method) and wetting it (which didn't work) and so many Bobby pins. Does anyone have any other idea I could try?

Thanks so much for taki the time to read that mass XD  

Midnightdoesonlinefun

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:57 am
Midnightdoesonlinefun
Okay I don't know how many people relate to this but I want to try to see if anyone has any solutions and I would love to know if so, please and thank you.

I am Chinese, which means I have ridiculously thick hair (even more so than usual) and it is very long, because I am savi up for future COSPLAYS and do not wish to cut it. Is there anyway to get it in a wig without being too obvious? I cosplay a character with short white hair, and it just looks very fake because of all the black hair hanging out.

I've tried braiding it (which is the best so far method) and wetting it (which didn't work) and so many Bobby pins. Does anyone have any other idea I could try?

Hi "Midnightdoesonlinefun",

I put out the word to our Crew Members about your Wig problem. Hopefully at least one of them will have an idea on how to help you out. Check this thread again to see if one of them responds. Good luck on making your Wig work out.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:55 pm
Midnightdoesonlinefun

Hello~

So the best found method that I have found that works for all types of hair is to split your hair in half and start twisting the hair. From there i tend to cross them in the back and wrap them up around to the top of my head, not only taking bulk out of the back of the wig but also creating an area to anchor the wig's bobbypins

This method has been used on my own hair when it was waist length and when i had cut it to shoulder
We have also used it on my friends hair which is thick and about thigh length  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:06 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
Midnightdoesonlinefun

Hello~

So the best found method that I have found that works for all types of hair is to split your hair in half and start twisting the hair. From there i tend to cross them in the back and wrap them up around to the top of my head, not only taking bulk out of the back of the wig but also creating an area to anchor the wig's bobbypins

This method has been used on my own hair when it was waist length and when i had cut it to shoulder
We have also used it on my friends hair which is thick and about thigh length

My hair is prolly shorter(shoulders or so?), so I tend to just bind it into a ponytail, and stuff the whole mess under a wig cap. Seems to do the trick for me, but your mileage may vary. sweatdrop  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff