Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 am
She was bored.

Bored.bored.bored.bored.BORED!!

Maybe if she was interested in flaunting her strength, she would have entered the tournament and that would have kept her entertained. Maybe, if she cared about the dead lion, she'd help out. But, she didn't care about showing off her strength and she certainly did not care about that dead male. If he had been stronger than he wouldn't be dead right now. It just proved that he wasn't worthy.

Her cobra, Itzcoatl, was settling himself around one of her forepaws, almost like a huge piece of jewellery. She adored and admired his glossy black scales and his piercing green eyes. However, even if he was beautiful, he wasn't much fun.

"I'm bored, Itzy." She sighed.

"Oh the burden of young life." The snake hissed with laughter. "How about you let me teach you sssomething of what my parentsss taught me. The meaningsss found in the sssky, for insssstance?" He smiled his thin smile and tightened his hold on her.

He laughed again at her less than amused face.

This child was impossible!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 am
Another's chuckle, gentle and jolly, sounded not far off as an old lion padded closer. He hadn't been able to help but overhear, though these times might not warrant much mirth. A lion was dead, one that he had guided to these lands, but as Iroh saw things there was nothing to be gained from mourning forever, and though the loss of any life so young was tragic, he had not known him personally well and could no more let sorrow rule his actions than he could speak ill of the dead.

"Forgive my laughter, young one, I do not mean to be rude or wish to offend. I could not help but ask myself, with so much going on about us how you can find yourself bored? It seemes that for a moment I'd forgotten the restlessness of youth. It's been quite some time for me, as I'm sure you can tell." He finished with an aimable rumble, stopping near them, mane and coat alike dulled fiercely with age, betraying just how "ancient" his blood might just be. He gazed down at her with kind eyes, confident but gentle. "Might this old, retired general join you? I find that more company is often the best remedy for boredom."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 am
She shrugged and shifted onto her belly, almost squashing the snake who was wrapped tightly around her forepaw. She blinked up in the direction of the new voice - her bi-coloured eyes curious as to who it was.

A male.

A male who looked somewhat faded. Old. And yet, she liked his voice. It sounded merry, it sounded...fun?

She grinned widely at him and nodded, shifting to one side so that he might join her on the sand. "Come on then, Old Man, how about a young lady has a go at reminding you what it's like to be young and bored out of her brains!"

Her tail flicked as she watched him. "And if you want to know why I'm bored, it's because lessons have stopped for the tournament and there's nothing to do at all." She whined again and her ears flopped back against her head.

Itz uncoiled himself from her paw and shifted up onto a rock, organising his coils in the sunshine so that he could warm evenly whilst listening in on the conversation.

Listening in was his speciality.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 am
This male only laughed at the term of endearment, positioning himself so that he could rest comfortably at her side, a trusting, conversationable distance away. What fire the youths of today had! Yes, when he'd been here last they had been no less fierce, but the youngsters of this new generation seemed to speak so much more freely. It must be the influence of the outsiders in some way. The change suited them, he noted.

To have the time to sit about and actually enjoy being young, instead of simply training oneself when all teachers and mentors were busy, what might they have been like if thata was the way in his hayday? Would the pride have fallen so quickly to the threat of inbreeding if they had been more relaxed as they were now?

"It would be my pleasure to share your companionship for a bit, my dear." He answered, voice carrying a strange rolling sound to it at the end of his syllables and words. "What may I ask are you being apprenticed in?"

Apprentices... that was also new, upon his return. The concept wasn't foreign, but their system had been very different when he was coming up.

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 am
Fia certainly was a fiery sort, though the fire were in her words and generally not in her actions. That didn't mean she couldn't fight. No, she was a wonderful little fighter if need be. It just seemed that she took after her parents in that sense. Battles were better won with words and she certainly was a weaver.

"Good." She chirped, content with his answer.

Her ears picked up then and she cast him another smile. "I will be an historian when I reach adulthood, apprenticed under Karana'Mzaana." Karana was one of the only adults to actually capture Fia's attention for more than a few minutes. Let's see how this old male fared!

"I'm Fia, by the way. Don't confuse me with my twin...or...maybe get us confused. It'd be more fun that way." She cast him another grin and without warning moved to lean her head against his shoulder. "You're Iroh, aren't you? The one who brought those new rogues? You know, the troublesome lot."

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games