Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Prop Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lolita_Doll_Sakurai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 am
Sorry for that .gif, couldn't find the conceptart only this that quick ^^;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also thought that it had to do with those belts but I think my belts will be really weak sweatdrop and on the picture above I don't really know it anymore because it's 'float' above it Dx also the white satchel/pouch is indeed made on the swordholder. It's a big drama xD
this is so far my cosplay is with a little things added which aren't on the photo yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm
Mukuro Rukodu's Trident

I've already gotten a bit of help on this thanks to the cosplay forum. But I'd like some extra opinions.

After doing measurements, it comes out to 6'4'', plus another 1' for the narrowing point. materials that have been suggested to me are PVC pipe and some kind of craft foam strengthened by plaster/paper mache plus the usual paint and glue supplies needed. The points definitely need to be crafted separately somehow...  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

CindyChasesGhosts

3,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm
uhmm....i need help on props too as well :0! i DON'T know how to make a sword and a shield for my Link cosplay.
reference picture:
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am
CindyChasesGhosts
uhmm....i need help on props too as well :0! i DON'T know how to make a sword and a shield for my Link cosplay.
reference picture:
User Image

Well it all depends on your budget, and tools you have to work from. I mean I've seen good props made out of cardboard and similar materials, to wooden swords or actual metal (though not allowed into a con). If I know that I might be able to dig up some of my links.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 am
CindyChasesGhosts
reference picture:
[x]

Here's a great tutorial on making prop swords: Cardboard sword tutorial.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:55 am
Just a quick question. Does anyone know where a wicker back basket can be obtained?  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:07 am

I'm going to cosplay Jonny from Ed Edd n Eddy. I don't know where I can find a thin piece of wood for Plank. Should I just use cardboard?  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:53 pm
@Veretix by back basket do you mean one you wear on your back?
I'd say the internet is a great place but also you can try furniture stores like pier one for baskets you can alter.

@OhNoesItsMiho- 2 X 4 wood at a hardware store like Home depot, lowes etc. You can normally find pretty thin wood.
So no need for cardboard unless it's they day before and you have no possible way to get to a store and draw on a piece of wood.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm
I need help making a tall staff and realistic looking gun.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:39 pm
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

i'm thinking of cosplaying this current avi, with the Dark Star as a sort of shield/weapon. What kind of wood would work for that and the sword? (and the sheath it has)

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:46 am
the infamous i need help person is back in a different topic XD.

i was wondering if anyone knew a way to make the hair clips on this girl that i can put in my wig that isn't cheapy paper material (i would like them to be as realistic as possible, if there was a way to do a metal like material i would love that no matter the price if its something that's possible) any suggestions wold be great, if its not a really nice material i can buy a already made pair for 40 bucks online after shipping (no idea on material and am not taking risk unless i have to with cheapy stuff for ridiculous price), so, help would be appreciated pllllease!

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:02 pm
Noire himesama

i was wondering if anyone knew a way to make the hair clips on this girl that i can put in my wig that isn't cheapy paper material (i would like them to be as realistic as possible, if there was a way to do a metal like material i would love that no matter the price if its something that's possible) any suggestions wold be great, if its not a really nice material i can buy a already made pair for 40 bucks online after shipping (no idea on material and am not taking risk unless i have to with cheapy stuff for ridiculous price), so, help would be appreciated pllllease!

User Image

There's a couple of things that you can do for this. You could shape a base out of styrofoam and then coat it with either an air dry clay or even worbla. Then you can coat it with pleasant plastic to give it a finished sheen. There's a couple of tutorials going over those thermoplastics under the "Tutorial" forum.

I know that there are some other methods, but I just got off work and am brain dead. I'll get back to you when I've gotten some sleep.  

xinitia

Crew

Noire himesama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

There's a couple of things that you can do for this. You could shape a base out of styrofoam and then coat it with either an air dry clay or even worbla. Then you can coat it with pleasant plastic to give it a finished sheen. There's a couple of tutorials going over those thermoplastics under the "Tutorial" forum.

I know that there are some other methods, but I just got off work and am brain dead. I'll get back to you when I've gotten some sleep.

hahah alright i'll take a look at them thanks, seems like every time i need help its "theres a section in the tutorials thread" x_x  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 pm
Noire himesama
xinitia
Noire himesama

User Image

hahah alright i'll take a look at them thanks, seems like every time i need help its "theres a section in the tutorials thread" x_x

When people ask me questions on or off Gaia, I have a tendency to post a tutorial about it.They add up after a while. If you ever have questions about the tutorials or the how-to's, etc, I'd be happy to give you a hand!  

xinitia

Crew

Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas