Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm
"So this is how liberty dies..."

I found out today, that muzzloaders suck. For hunting at least.
My dad has this new muzzloader that we decided to sight-in today, and he could barely load the thing [which is important in hunting animals, re-loading in case we need another shot] and then we didn't even hit the target making it impossible to sight-in. And the poisonous gas it emitted right into my face, didn't make it much more better.

Now I know why we made the advances to cartridges and bullets

"... with thunderous applause."
Padme Amidala, SW Episode III: RoTS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 pm
Chivalric Knight
My dad has this new muzzloader that we decided to sight-in today, and he could barely load the thing [which is important in hunting animals, re-loading in case we need another shot] and then we didn't even hit the target making it impossible to sight-in. And the poisonous gas it emitted right into my face, didn't make it much more better.

These two things are very much related. Also, black powder smoke is simply acrid, not poisonous. And I love how it smells. You want a BP gun to ******** you up, shoot a flintlock southpaw.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:58 pm
Fresnel
Chivalric Knight

These two things are very much related. Also, black powder smoke is simply acrid, not poisonous. And I love how it smells. You want a BP gun to ******** you up, shoot a flintlock southpaw.
I think it smells like campfire smoke. biggrin

I hate the smell of the modern smokeless powder. Anyway breathe in enough black powder smoke and it can be poisonous. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Fresnel
Chivalric Knight

I think it smells like campfire smoke. biggrin

I hate the smell of the modern smokeless powder. Anyway breathe in enough black powder smoke and it can be poisonous. razz
Well yeah, but only due to its lack of oxygen and presence of carbon-oxides. Any combustion product has that.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas