Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Cup

Back to Guilds

A place to talk with and race other Rallyers and once in a while there's a tournament. 

Tags: Rally, Tournament, Racing 

Reply The Dragon Cup
Jugglernaut's Rules For Staked Racing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goldz?
  YES, PLZ
  ********, w/e
View Results

Celestial Bard

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:40 pm
Here are a few rules if you want to try and get more income by beating newbz in races for gold/items. I have been there, done that, and remember to read the whole list before you do anything. There may be expansions later.

1. Look around and watch your potential (cough cough) customer. If they're acting goofy, don't bother.

2. Try and get someone away from the rest of the crowd. If you get some one-on-one time, then you will have a better chance of success, as their friends won't be whispering over their shoulder.

3. Make sure your customer has at least one item over 40k. Noobs will not go quietly into the sweet night of failure.

4. Mods and Admins are nuisances. No exceptions. I had to deal with Lanzer himself threatening to banhammer me.

5. If you do get pulled over by a mod/admin, smooth talk your way out of it. Comment on the good stuff they've done in the past, suggest improvements to the site pertaining to what you were caught for. If you're lucky, you won't get put on "Double Secret Probation".

6. Rule 10 is true.

7. Don't get all dressed up in your best items. Wear one or two good items to make sure the people know that you'll be able to pay up if you lose. If you wear too much, then they'll be afraid of you and won't pay if you win.

8. Be polite. If you come off as rude or creepy, you won't get many "customers" and you will end up with a terrible profit at the end of the day.

9. Suggest something reasonable as a wager. If you are feeling confident in your abilities, then offer 2 or 3 times as much as what they will pay you when they lose. This way, they actually earned their money in the unlikely circumstance they beat you, but you will get more "customers" to go for you deal.

10. Rule 6 is false... wait... What?!

11. Combo Breakers are inevitable. Your winning streak will come to an end eventually, as there is always someone who is better than you, or some lucky guy that catches you off your rhythm.

12. CAPS LOCK IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. If you do this, people will consider you aggressive, and won't work with you.

13. Remember, no matter how nice your opponent appears, they may be capable of ******** you so hard, you won't know what hit you.

14. Hax are lame. You don't have to pay them if you lose. And you will lose.

15. Once you start in this business, people of all kinds will owe you money, and you will most likely owe people money as well. Just make sure that the former value is greater than the latter.

16. No matter what rally you go to, there is someone that will go for your deal so long as you make the right one. THE PRICE WILL BE RIGHT.

17. Profit is everything. If you lose a lot of money, remember two things. A: You shouldn't have kept going after you lost 5k.
B: Don't go crazy trying to recoup your losses. There is always more money.

18. You will never have backup. Unless you are out with someone else in this guild that you're on good terms with, you'll be on your own.

19. Items are suitable tender for all debts, public and private.

20. This business will drive you insane. No exceptions.

21. STAKED RACING IS ILLEGAL. This is something that people will say is in the TOS. I haven't checked, but I have been pulled over by modz, so it is possible.

22. Compliment the person whose a** you just whooped. Say "good race", or "nice one". They will be more likely to pay.

23. Open a trade before you race. If they drop out in the middle of it, you can still try to get your money.

24. One does not simply shoop da whoop into Rally. You are not hot s**t, for there is always s**t that is hotter.

25. ZOMG NONE  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Fear not, the hand you were dealt...

Hilarious if nothing else. I'm glad to see that item/gold races haven't completely died out. Nothing wrong with a friendly wager. >:B

((ヤクザ))

Shimano Jubei

The Dragon Cup

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces