Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
"wat is a grammer book"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"wat is a grammar book"
  -sobs-
  Can I have a drink? Something strong. Very strong.
  Forget a drink, I want a bottle of Excedrin.
View Results

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:46 am
I do a lot of business in the marketplace. Unfortunately, when you work in the marketplace with a bunch of different gaian users you encounter those who are grammatically challenged and those who beg for money. Usually I am fairly tolerant of some of the "typical abbreviations" such as "u", and I ignore beggars; however, someone has been able to encompass both of my pet peeves in a single pm.

Xx_dairyqueen57_xX: hey can would u like to donate to the foundation of helping ppl with there avi then they will help u

mc2: Can that donation include a grammar book?
Xx_dairyqueen57_xX: wat is a grammer book u will give the gold to someone in need and they will help u with watever but it has got to be alot of gold
(while I am typing my response I recieve a second pm)
Xx_dairyqueen57_xX: ello r u there wat is a grammer book???
mc2: Firstly, A grammar book is an object you may encounter in a typical English classroom. This book gives you instruction on how to communicate intelligently and clearly in the English language.
Secondly, I do not appreciate those who beg me for a donation, especially when they are not clear on how my money would be used if I found the kindness in my heart to donate.
And lastly, It is really stupid to tell someone that if they donate it "has to be a lot of gold." Do you think someone is more likely to donate 1000 gold or 100,000 gold?
-mc2

Xx_dairyqueen57_xX:i think the first one and im srry i didnt write tht my sister did because i was in the bathroom when i told her not to touch my laptop she wrote tht because she needs gold for her account cause it got banned and u do not want to donate its ok but it would make a difference no affence u can do wat u wanna do me and my sister r tryin not to beg so much because ppl dont like tht so we r tryin to make tht best tht we can about gold
mc2: If you want more success at receiving help, I would suggest altering your approach. You are both extremely vague on what this "foundation" is and who this foundation helps. I would suggest that you first outline what one is donating to. Second, to contact people in clear, understandable English. And, third not to tell them how much they need to donate. Most gaians are on some sort of quest themselves which they achieve through mostly hard work done by themselves. Earning gold on Gaia is not that hard. Why don't you try to earn the gold you need first before asking/begging people for gold?
Xx_dairyqueen57_xX:i try and try i did get alot of gaia gold before i had 100,000 gold twice and i got hacked for it thts why i beg because i cant do it again and again and again and again
mc2:You got hacked twice? Did you not learn from the first time?

-sighs deeply- Why, oh why, do I have to come across these people? What did I ever do to deserve this?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:53 pm
Because people are idiots, to say the least.
They want to complain about school when they go, but then they want to complain about life when it's over.
Actually, most complain about how hard life is, and they are barely in school!
This is why I cherish education.
I actually plan to be a teacher.
A ruler will be going across some kids' faces if they don't watch it.
xD

Demented_Duck

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:20 pm
o_o"

As stated a long while ago, the Grammar Gods must either really hate you or are too busy slacking off to the dictionary. Or a thesaurus, in other cases. <_<; *don't kill me please! I'm begging you! gonk *  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:33 pm
No good deed, as they say...  

Galad Aglaron
Captain

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out