Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Jobs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greenzally

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:01 am
Personally..i dont bother with getting my sims far in their careers...the family friends thing gets too much..i spose im just lazy lol sweatdrop

any comments?

and btw, does anyone possible had a cheat for lotsa family friends?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:45 pm
There's a cheat-like thing, but I'm not even going to give it to you, all your "friends" keep calling you all day.

What you should do is go to www.modthesims2.com and search for a no friends hack. I think TwoJeffs made it, but I'm not sure. It's nice, you don't need friends to advance with it. And I know, because I use it.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Small Strawx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:08 pm
i hate having to keep up with all the friends. thats why i like going with the military job. you dont need that many. sweatdrop

on the sims1 i used to make a house with 8 ppl (i never played them tho) but then i would just be friends with that whole family and it made it easier to keep them all. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:23 pm
Ok, there's a mod you can download called a voodoo bottle. It'll be listed under 'objects' on modding sites. This bottle can make people instantly be friends with you, want you, or fall in love with you. It also does a hell of a lot of other stuff.

The best job is the actor job. Over 5000 simoleans a day is hard to pass up, and there's only 4 or so stages to reaching the top of the job. Body and Charisma have to be maxed out, but it's well worth it.  

de.Lici.ous

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:34 pm
I dont like cheating to get friends.

Usually I dont get all of my sims to the top of their career. Coz to me, it's unrealistic to have 3 captain heroes, 5 mayors etc in a town. Maybe once in a sim, who I really felt should be the Boss, gets to the top!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:31 am
I don't really try to get them to the top they just sorta...do.

But in nightlife I try with some of them because if you do thier lifelong aspiration, then you recieve platinum mood for the rest of thier days, 25 000 reward points and 10 000 influence points.

So it all depends really cool

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300

[Ramen N00dles]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:42 am
I never make my Sims get a job.
It's not worth the time.
I just type in "motherlode" over and over again and get my money that way.
But there are some pretty cool items you can get if you make it really far in your career, but, oh well.
ninja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:34 pm
[Ramen N00dles]
I never make my Sims get a job.
It's not worth the time.
I just type in "motherlode" over and over again and get my money that way.
But there are some pretty cool items you can get if you make it really far in your career, but, oh well.
ninja

You get get those items to dowload if you really want them.  

Iris Lise

Interesting Browser

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

smilylady

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:34 am
I think that it is sometimes fun for them to get a job, when i am bored and have nothing else to do. but most of the time i don't get them a job.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:06 pm
I always try to get far in careers because I don't use cheats so I really rely on the money from bonuses and stuff. It might sounds stupid, but I do.  

Sweet_Melissad

Late Shift

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:50 am
Sweet_Melissad
I always try to get far in careers because I don't use cheats so I really rely on the money from bonuses and stuff. It might sounds stupid, but I do.

I do the same, and that is one thing I don't like about Uni. If you do real well in school then you can skip all those great bonuses.

As for making friends the best way to make quick friends is to go out, and meet as many people as you can. Then call them on the phone, and talk to them that way. It will get up to friendly with them without making you fall in love with them. Also it does not seem to take as long. Each day my sim spends a bit of time on the phone smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:43 pm
Greenzally
Personally..i dont bother with getting my sims far in their careers...the family friends thing gets too much..i spose im just lazy lol sweatdrop

any comments?

and btw, does anyone possible had a cheat for lotsa family friends?

Wow really? I love getting my sims to the tops of careers whee

Briannabo

Clandestine Angel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:04 pm
Whenever I don't want them to get a job, but don't want to use cheats, I make them become profesional painters. : D  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:38 am
I love maxing out career tracks for my sims. It's not terribly hard for me, but I tend to get lazy once it's done and stop keeping up with friendships, lol.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Dead Insomniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:15 am
What I've found that works great without using any cheats, is start them off in college and work on skill points when they are a teenager so that, while in college, time they would usually spend earning those skill points, can be used as time to talk on the phone for a few hours a day to people. If you max out a bunch of relationships, (Get a ton of best friends, in other words) in college, you just call them all once every seven days or so and you've got a buttload of friends! XD  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games