Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda vs Interplay. This time it's real. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:40 pm
Sorry that I decided to share some news that's actually relevant to this forum.

Oh wait, I'm not sorry.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am
Interplay has won the preliminary injunction hearing. Basically the injunction is Bethesda demanding that Interplay stop making the MMO and selling the old games - this means that for now, Interplay can continue what they're doing. The full court case, which will include those issues, and Interplay's countersuit has yet to come.

In short

It looks like Interplay may not have to stop selling the old Fallouts and making the MMO. There is also more of a chance (still slim) that Bethesda could lose the whole contract via countersuit  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:31 am
Turns out that neither side won the injunction. Some half insane interplay investor ran around saying that Iplay won it without any actual evidence. That aside, the actual hearings are happening in a couple weeks.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:26 am
This is just my perosnal input:
If Bethesda/Zenimax loses this IP I'm not positively sure they will care all that much. They are just buying multiple developers and securing their IPs. I mean they got Doom 4 and anything else id Software makes. They will just be a bit bummed that they can not make Fallout 4 or New Vegas to reap more thousands of dollars.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas