Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DemiChaos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:20 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
done ... falls over  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Hrmmm....it seems my challenge ends this ********, now I gotta hook my scanner up.

@Demi: ******** yeah man, good s**t!  

Dr.Genocide
Crew

Dr.Genocide
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

It seems I've come down to the wire. Well these are some character sketches I did over the last couple days, they're even lighter than this as I had to adjust the levels in photoshop to make them visible.

I'll be leaving these images up like this for now until I get the inked versions up in a few hours.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:21 am
Dr.Genocide
Hrmmm....it seems my challenge ends this ********, now I gotta hook my scanner up.

@Demi: ******** yeah man, good s**t!

thanks ^w^

yours are looking good to i love your ghost  

DemiChaos

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 am
Zen, you improve so rapidly! =o I'll be posting here because I can't seem to improve quite so rapidly, lol.
My problem areas are creased clothes and general anatomy, especially at the ankle/foot region. Hands will always be a problem... That about covers the entire drawing doesn't it? sweatdrop
*shuts up and starts drawing*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:33 pm
I apologize for the lack of steps. I don't know if it's even a welcome entry without them.
But I assure you, it was a new experience for me and it took a couple hours.

x  

The Egg Man

SHl NO KAGE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:50 pm
User Image
I'll fill more in later. Until then, here's the construction lines and anatomy.
... Both of those look weird to me. Dx  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:54 pm
I am mix breeding my style once more further into semi realism to get more out of recognizable facial features!!!!

But seriously thou, I am sick of cartoons with the same face structure with the body build but different hair and what nots.

User Image  

Kieden

The Egg Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 pm
Good man, Kieden.

I've been falling into that repetitive face thing too. I used to put so much detail into faces, and now they're an after thought. I'm re-working my style a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:15 pm
User Image

Well the construction lines are now erased and the anatomy was given some corrections, and now they can haz faces. I think my wimmenz hips never started quite high enough before, so they looked masculine. They should start all the damn way up at the belly button.

Anywho, I've been thinking some about facial recognition and what-not too, but I don't want to stray too far from the traditional manga style. I mean I want to broaden my horizon of course, but as for my personal style, you know. I think styles like Death Note and Darker Than Black give plenty of room for distinguishing characters' faces ...  

SHl NO KAGE

The Egg Man

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:21 pm
Shin:
I think her crotch needs to be lower. Maybe the bell button too. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:32 pm
The Egg Man
Shin:
I think her crotch needs to be lower. Maybe the bell button too. Maybe.

Noted. I'll lower it before I give them clothing, lol. That's a whole other can of worms too. I can't do wrinkles fer s**t. Well anyway, do you want me to re-upload with corrections before I draw over it? If you're anything like me, you'd wanna know if it worked. XP  

SHl NO KAGE

Kieden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:33 pm
User Image

Painting that one sketch on the bottom left of my last post. Decided not to go further because I was just testing my new old used/ broken tablet!

half broken is better than nothin!

YOUTUBE PAINT PROCESS VID YO!!!

The few seconds of the music kinda got accidentally cut in the rendering process!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:25 pm
Well, sorry about the brief absence guys, classes started up again last week and I've been sort of busy between school, work, and trying to get a personal project off the ground.

I'll be posting up the requirements for the next step in the challenge shortly.

The point of the last step was so I could see where you guys were all at as artists, and for those of you who participated in the first part, thanks.

Get ready to improve as an artist over the next few weeks.  

Dr.Genocide
Crew

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas