Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Music

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 pm
Heya, I know it's been a very long time since I bothered to stop by...but, anyways:

I've noticed that I'll occasionally come across a song that just sort of speaks to me, or inspires me, or fills me with energy of some kind. (It's a bit hard to explain, especially when I'm as tired as I am right now while typing this, but hopefully the descriptions I just gave get the point across) Moving on, I know that a lot of people incorporate music into meditations, rituals, workings, and, of course, pretty much every other aspect of life. Hence, I think I'll raise a question: What sort of music do you listen to in order to obtain a certain mindset/emotion/etc. for workings? How about rituals? Meditations? What about anything else you might use it for? This is purely for curiosity's sake.

I find that the orchestral version of Meadows of Heaven by Nightwish works very well for meditations, as does the Islander and the Escapist (also by Nightwish). In fact, those seem to be the only three songs I listen to that I can really meditate too. I rarely work rituals that aren't impromptu, though I do remember once finding an mp3 on witchvox that I would definitely use for a Samhein ritual, assuming I actually prepared ahead of time. As for workings of any kind, I normally do those impromptu as well. When preparing for a cross country meet, though, I'll listen to a playlist I have containing heavy metal and techno music.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:16 pm
i have never really been able to meditate (i've only been successful once), but i usually use a couple of songs by enigma or pink floyd (instrumentals only in both cases) marooned is one of my favorites by pink floyd, but i have to listen to it low cuz certain pitches in the song kinda hurts my ears sweatdrop .  

whiporwill-o

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:24 pm
For meditation I like some Enya, Enigma, Clannad, Era and some other artists that I can't think of at the moment.
One of the best things in the world is turning off all the lights, closing your eyes and just swaying while listening to Enigma - Return to innocence.
I don't know why but that song both calms and energizes me at the same time.
I Love Music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xd heart xd heart xd heart

Edit: I never thought of using nightwish for meditation before. Maybe I should try it sometime since Ive got that cd. I was really obssessed with Eva and Meadows of heaven for a while but I got over them and now the islander is my fav xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 pm
THIS. Also, this, this, this, and this.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

goddess_elppy

Feline Fairy

8,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:42 am
It's the most wonderful time . . .

I love Evanescence's "Fallen" and Paula Cole's "This Fire" for meditation. They always seem to take me on a journey.
That being said, I think Lady Gaga's "The Fame" and Ludo's "You're Awful, I Love You" would also be pretty good to meditate to.
Basically, I think anything that speaks to your soul is good meditation music.

. . . of the year!User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am
Jack Johnson (he's my happy music), Enya, and Maire Brennan  

Tari_Leralonde

Arcaniss Vivian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:47 am
aaaah! I looove Enya! but I have to say that for meditational purposes it's really better to listen to music that you play yourself. I like to play my recorder when I meditate. Play songs I like by ear, (I'm not any good so I'm not boasting or anything) because then I'm not just listening to the music I'm part of the music and sometimes that makes all of the difference. Meditation is a time to become one with the music, the nature, the cycles of life. Playing it yourself is like wrapping yourself up in fine silk cords and tying yourself into the round swirling tapestry of life.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games