Discussion: Tattoos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:07 pm
Sunegami
Actually, piercers usually use piercing guns now, and it takes a split second. It does hurt a lot right afterward, but only for a few seconds (at least, in my experience, and I'm very sensitive to pain), and then you're good to go. I'm a wuss, too, so when I got my ears pierced, I had them do both ears at the same time. X3

I'm still a wussy wuff when it comes to pain in general. xd
I think I'd just stick to clip ons for my ears anyway. No need for extra holes in my body... Which reminds of a mistake I should have seen when talking about a similar subject. I ended up saying "How do you enjoy holes in your body?! D: " Needless to say, it was only minutes before a reply was made. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm
Sunegami
Garek Maxwell
I'd never get a tattoo. I'm terrified of needles. That's the one thing that keeps me from donating blood, which I feel terrible for being too terrified to do something like that. But yeah, I couldn't ever get a tattoo or a piercing. I'd probably just have clip-ons for piercings. x3

Actually, piercers usually use piercing guns now, and it takes a split second. It does hurt a lot right afterward, but only for a few seconds (at least, in my experience, and I'm very sensitive to pain), and then you're good to go. I'm a wuss, too, so when I got my ears pierced, I had them do both ears at the same time. X3

Rainey_angel81
I meant mutilation as in...feeling the relief from the pain. I don't know who has been or ever was a cutter, but the cutting seemed almost like a relief. Trade one pain for another and it cancels the constant ache.

In this case..you're relieving that pain, canceling it and in its place is something beautiful (in some cases)

I mentioned the endorphin thing in my post, too. Or were you referring to emotional relief, rather than physical?

I was saying more along the lines of emotional relief.  

Rainey_angel81

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:51 pm
I still much want to get some tats, just not sure of what.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:02 pm
I personally like the tribal and Asian styles... I find them quite interesting!  

SierraTheWolfe

Sadinda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:09 pm
*eye twitch*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:43 pm
I'm thinking of getting a black fox circled around a crescent moon on my lower back......What do you guys think?  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:46 pm
hehe im glad somebody made this topic. i really want to get a tattoo of a pawprint on the side of my hip. i dont know why, i just wanna  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm
hehe ima fishy
hehe im glad somebody made this topic. i really want to get a tattoo of a pawprint on the side of my hip. i dont know why, i just wanna

What color?  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:05 pm
Who has a pawprint tattoo...is it J.?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:19 am
Lunaria Canis
I'm thinking of getting a black fox circled around a crescent moon on my lower back......What do you guys think?

That sounds pretty neat. Sorta similar to one I had thought about getting of a howling wolf in front of a full moon on my right shoulder blade.

I had also thought of getting one on my left bicep, a bloodied longsword behind a crescent moon, my personal emblem, but I don't know if I could actually go through with it. Hell, I squick when I think about getting my ears pierced. Which, to be honest, is sort of strange, given the fact that I have a high pain threshold and needles don't bother me. I mean, I watch them stick it in when I give blood confused  

Davin_Nightwind

Jojo the snow leopard

Dapper Dabbler

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Lunaria Canis
hehe ima fishy

What color?

umm... probably black... i dont really think any other color would look good.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm
hehe ima fishy
Lunaria Canis
hehe ima fishy

What color?

umm... probably black... i dont really think any other color would look good.

I think that would look cool.  

Lunaria Canis

Friendly Shapeshifter

Wolf Avery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 am
not ALL piercers use guns, it's a personal prefference thing. i know when i got my... done it was manually, but when i got my n** done by a different person it was with a gun, whereas my girlfriend at the time got her nips done a few weeks later by yet ANOTHER person (all at the same place, i really trust it since they did such a great job on my tattoo) that person didnt use a gun.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:26 am
What are your thoughts on why someone gets a tattoo? I dunno about other people, but I was raised to get what I think is beautiful, and bein the injun that I am, I'm perfectly fine with body art.

Do you think that tattooing is another way of self-mutilation? Nope, not unless yer just getting them done to get them burned off to get them redone to get them burned off again

Why do you think people turn to mutilation or body art rather than other outlets? mutilation...i couldnt say, even though ive dated and converted many cutters into stopping, body art? i do it for religious reasons. Its tradition. It MEANS something to me. Some do it to honor the dead.

If you have a tattoo, discuss:
What made you get a tattoo? like i said before, it was something I'd wanted for a long time and looked foreward to, and it means a lot to me. I'll be gettin more fer my various religious elements like my arrows and celtic trinities later on when i save up.

What was your frame of mind when thinking about it? Sober...umm...im not really sure what this one was supposed to say...lol. I'd thought long and hard what I wanted, so I was pretty prepped.

What was your frame of mind while getting the tattoo? Nervous on the first few lines, but the after the first outline I was like..wait..is that it? and then Bosco was like "NAHHH its WAY worse....heh jsut kiddin, yep this is all" and i literally fell asleep fer the next hour. its relaxing.

What design did you pick and why? Does it signify something to you? In latin i have written Amour Vincit Omnia in an old english font. Love Conquers All, not a romantic, but a spiritual thing, the love in the world will eventually even out the evil. theres more, but that was mah first.

Are/Were you prepared to have that tattoo with you for the rest of your life? yep, thought about it for a LONG time.

Do you think, as an elderly person, you'd be able to look at the tattoo and think the same thing? of course. it wont ever change my outlook.

In general, discuss:
Do you think that having tattoos or multiple piercings inhibit chances of getting a job? yep, its the same with me having long hair, if i dont have it pulled into a pony 90% of the time, most places won't even look at me since its not "proffessional". thats why my tattoos and piercings are all coverable by clothing and none past a short sleeve.

What do you think when you see someone with a tattoo? I look at the quality and think to ask where they got it and if they'd like more or what they got it for.

Would you ever get one? (if you haven't already) Have already

What would you get? and why? the above mentioned, celtic trinity, a few more arrowheads, eventually a pawprint, and a dreamcatcher. I'm half Cherokee half Scottish, so I go back to mah native religious roots that I was raised around, but mah gaelic side is where my physical features all come from, like my red beard and caucasian skin and thick accent.

Do you think that tattoos are a self-expression or are they too mainstream nowadays? little of both. i think tattoos for getting a tattoo is mainstream. but getting one because it actually MEANS something to you is very important. its a right of passage to some, and then for others its just a HEY LOOK AT ME IM 18! IMMA SAY ******** YOU TO MY PARENTS! to me? its sacred, and it required a long time to think. and I promised myself and my parents everytime when i get a new one i'd tell them before hand just so they knew i was thinking about it again.  

Wolf Avery

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces