Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Good healing oils?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:04 pm
My boyfriend's friend's girlfriend just had surgery. But the surgery went wrong and now she's on life support. The friend asked if my boyfriend knew any good healing oils ((not herbs)). I've given him a few to tell his friend, but I was just seeing if anyone could tell me some really good healing oils, specifically for healing/curing illness, health and/or restoration.

Thanks a whole lot. =]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:08 pm
It's very sad, but I'm not sure that oils or anything like that could really help her, they may even hurt her.

Being on life support, her body's probably in a very fragile state. Scented oils may bother her breathing. I doubt that the doctors would let you just dab oil on her either, especially since it could absorb and she may end up being allergic to it or something. But I'm not sure how you'd be intending to use them, if they'd ever physically come in contact with her or not.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:24 pm
I had the same thought and figured their might be a risk to it. But my boyfriend didn't really explain how his friend was going to go about it. So I figured I'd try looking some up to give to him but also to talk about how he was going to use it as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:59 pm
Without knowing more about exactly what is wrong with her, it wouldn't be prudent to make any recommendations. Also, as Kage has mentioned, hospitals (especially ICU) are really picky about what you can and can't bring in.

I am sorry to hear that she isn't doing well, hopefully she will have a speedy recovery.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:53 pm
Scented oils may be a bad idea. They may let you dab a little bit of olive oil(Tons of antioxidants, I tend to think of it as healing personally.), maybe tea tree oil near her pillow(ONLY if you know she's not allergic!!!), and other skin safe oils(Essential oils are probably going to be too strong, and tea tree may not be allowed.), onto a part of her that is not near her wound. However, I'd think they'd be more OK with you leaving a bundle of herbs in her room. I don't think it should matter if they directly touch her or are injested for their healing power to be around her, esp given how sick she is. At this point though, I'd suggest just praying in your own way and sending healing thoughts as opposed to trying herbal medicine. Modern Medicine is the most effective sort for serious problems. I hope she gets better!  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games