Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
The Surreal Guardian News post Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think would be best for a damage generator?
  Keep what you had: an attack die and defence die
  Have each weapon have a damage counter and use the RNG to create damage!
  I have another idea*Post it in this thread*
View Results

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 am
Oh. Alright. Sorry about the confusion.

Glad your sisters doing well, and good luck wherever you go!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 pm
Good luck, flyingsilverwolf12, and it's all right. 3nodding I understand where you're coming from. XD;; I like RPs, but we all have our own opinions on what makes a good RP.

By the way, Chaos, I am so sorry. sad I've been so busy lately... xD; My life has been turned upside down with one issue after another. I just discovered more personal issues just today.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:42 pm
Hey, you cleared it with me earlier, right? It's alright! I do need to rethink the fighting system though. If I can get others to pitch in and help, you won't even recognize the RP when you come back!

...I do need help.

But yeah, you just clear up issues with your life. That really comes first. I'm not pressuring you at all!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:27 am
Okay, thanks.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:31 am
I've added a new addition.

WEAPON UPGRADES!

You can upgrade your weapon in this shop! Look at the thread for more details.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:36 pm
And, to my suprise, testing went all day today. Really, I should have expected it, but...

Anyway, that's pretty interesting... I may use that when I get tired of being broke.  

rioliogio

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:09 pm
Right now, the Class system is recieving a MAJOR OVERHAUL.

You no longer have just 1 class choice you can make. Say, if you were a Fighter, you don't have the choice of just three expert classes! I've made a freaking complex tree of classes you can evolve into! For example, You can become a Rouge now, adding a fourth option for you. A Rogue forsakes attack and defence in favor of consecutive, precise attack that deal status effects!

And that's not the end! The trees have been expanded so freaking much that there are about 5!

5!

5!

5!

FIVE FREAKIN TIERS!!

Five Tiers you grow through!

And what does that mean? Guarunteed addiction! If you noticed that your classes might change, it's alright, nothing about your character wil change.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:52 am
Ah, I haven't seen this guild in awhile....

Okay, now that I have a semester of college behind me, I'm on break. And since I have no life and no friends*, what does that mean?

HEAVY RPG RECONSTURCTION!!!! YYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

So, After some extensive testing(Special thanks to rioliogio for sticking with me), I found out something:

...This system is horribly slow.

You see, friends, what I had in mind when I first started this thing was to have participants battle each other, and the missions were only a side attraction. But I can see you all don't feel this way, and want the missions to be a primary focus. The way the system is set up, you'd have to sacrifice about two hours in one day to complete a mission.

That, my friends, is unacceptable.

So now I'm afraid that this thing has to go down again for renovation. I'll use this thread for updates on the current situation, and I'll set up polls here from time to time asking what you all want. So answer away.

*I was exaggerating when I said that. Sad thing is... only a little bit.  

Hellfire Champion
Crew

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:59 am
Perhaps I should elaborate on the choices. So here it is.

With the Dual Dice system, the player rolls an attack die and defence die, and the attack bonus and defense bonus augments by the amounts rolled. This is the original system used in the Beta test. This is slower than the RNG system to execute, but it can incorperate all three team members at once.

With the RNG system. You have a weapon that inflicts a set number of damage, and you add the damage to the weapon damage to inflict damage.

Ex: an iron sword has the dmg of 15-17. You have a base strength of 5. When you post an attack, you add that strength to your stat and use the Random Number Generator post action to inflict damage. So you'd punch in that you'd like the generate a number between 20 and 22(Which is the weapon damage range combined with your base attack) and that determines damage.

OR! If you have a better idea, I'm open to suggestions. So please post them. Also, if you have any other questions, you can post them here, or in the FAQ thread in the Surreal Guardians thread itself.  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff