Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Aura

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

music from .hack//
  creepy at times, but awesome!
  Uh . . . hi?
View Results

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:16 pm
hey, i've been listening to this song from .hack//SIGN for a while now. Its called Aura, the evil version. if i remember correctly it was played in the seen where Macha first appeared.

link to the song at this site

this song its very . . . strange, especially after you listen to the lyrics. its like theyre trying to put you into a trance. (the first time i listened to it i played it in repeat about 4 times sweatdrop ) its like the words seem to have a double meaning. anybody have an idea of what it could mean?

here are the lyrics:

if you are near to the dark
I will tell you 'bout the sun
you are here, no escape
from my visions of the world
you will cry all alone
but it does not mean a thing to me

knowing the song I will sing
till the darkness comes to sleep
come to me, I will tell
'bout the secret of the sun
it's in you, not in me
but it does not mean a thing to you

the sun is in your eyes
the sun is in your ears
I hope you see the sun
someday in the darkness

the sun is in your eyes
the sun is in your ears
but you can't see the sun
ever in the darkness
it does not much matter to me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 pm
i have that song in my playlist on my profile and i have the movies it appears in

the secret of that song is in its double layer lyrics

during the song the person singing sounds like it is in a diffrent tone and it just makes you feel like you have nothing to live for during that moment but when it is over you are sitting there and thinking "what just happend?"

am i correct  

deathwalker 9000

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:30 pm
yes. exactly. its like you're just waking up from a trance and you have to hear it over again to figure out what just happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 pm
I love that song. :0
Well to me, the song talks about how Kite is the only one who can save The World, but he's totally oblivious to it, but Aura wants him to see that he's the one who has the bracelet, that he's the only one who can, and she can't.
But that's just how I interpret the song.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

deathwalker 9000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:01 pm
didn't this also appear on the .hack/sign episodes?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:08 pm
XxGrieverxX
I love that song. :0
Well to me, the song talks about how Kite is the only one who can save The World, but he's totally oblivious to it, but Aura wants him to see that he's the one who has the bracelet, that he's the only one who can, and she can't.
But that's just how I interpret the song.

Ah! yes, that interpretation makes so much sense. a few of my other friends were telling me about these deep meanings involving judgement day and sinners.

deathwalker 9000
didn't this also appear on the .hack/sign episodes?

yeah, in the first post i said they played it when Macha first appeared.  

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

deathwalker 9000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:12 pm
sorry about the question they dont realy mention the name on the seires that much so i lost it the only thing that looked close to it is mia the cat mod player that is macha  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:47 am
I love the .hack//Sign muscic! It's cool. cool heart  

Azure_Flame_Goddess

6,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:46 pm
deathwalker 9000
sorry about the question they dont realy mention the name on the seires that much so i lost it the only thing that looked close to it is mia the cat mod player that is macha
'

Mia. Yeah, i remeber her from book .hack//Another Birth . she's . . . interesting.

Azure_Flame_Goddess
I love the .hack//Sign muscic! It's cool. cool heart

i totally agree with you. btw, that goat of yours is AWSUM!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:30 pm
Well, in terms of the game itself, I think that it has to do with Morganna and Aura, since it is from the .hack//Sign soundtrack. Its about Aura being the ultimate AI, and Morganna wants that power for herself. That's why the 8 Phases were created; to hunt down Aura so that Morganna could absorb Aura into herself and take control of everything within reach.  

Mori Kiyoshi

Shoujo Flame

19,325 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 pm
I like your interpretation of the song, En. c; Yours makes more sense than mine. Kite wasn't even in Sign. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:14 pm
Yeah, i forgot about that too. I often find myself mixing events from the different series' together.

Endrance-teishu
Well, in terms of the game itself, I think that it has to do with Morganna and Aura, since it is from the .hack//Sign soundtrack. Its about Aura being the ultimate AI, and Morganna wants that power for herself. That's why the 8 Phases were created; to hunt down Aura so that Morganna could absorb Aura into herself and take control of everything within reach.

This makes more sense now. (I might be wrong about this, which I'm pretty sure I am sweatdrop , but) I dont remember the 8 phases ever being revealed in .hack//Sign. Maybe because i havent seen the whole thing in a while, but i only remeber hearing about them in the games and reading about them in //Another Birth.  

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

deathwalker 9000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:36 pm
i have seen all the episodes and the mother A.I. (i say this because of the events that led up to the aura possession event A.K.A. absorbing the aura person) but before she was successful the gang was able to interfere with her plans and thus the beginning of the end for mother started and because of this a new World was created  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:08 pm
Terix_aptor
Yeah, i forgot about that too. I often find myself mixing events from the different series' together.

Endrance-teishu

This makes more sense now. (I might be wrong about this, which I'm pretty sure I am sweatdrop , but) I dont remember the 8 phases ever being revealed in .hack//Sign. Maybe because i havent seen the whole thing in a while, but i only remeber hearing about them in the games and reading about them in //Another Birth.

Well, in .hack//SIGN, Skeith appeared in the very last real episode.
Now for how I interpret the lyrics. Sort of.
My guess is kind of that it's like it's being sung to Tsukasa. (S)He is almost trapped in the darkness that is his past and just general views. Morganna, the one who I always think of as singing it, tells him about her views, but due to his being near the darkness, he does not know the light and cannot tell the difference between her truth and her lies.
Then she's betraying him into seeing her views, and she also feels an envy for him.
Then, the next ones are about how you can't see truth when trapped in ignorance or lies, and then how Morganna doesn't really care.
It's a sucky interpretation, but I take the lyrics as they are. To me, they hold meaning that cannot really be explained. It just becomes evidient from the feelings that flow through the song and words.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items