Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Recommend a manga series! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chanyeol Biased

Quotable Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am
polish_babz
~ Fruits Basket
~ Skip Beat~
~ Bleach
~ Prince Of Tennis

I'm actually reading Fruits Basket right now for the second time (almost to the part where Tohru falls off the cliff *gasp*)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:11 am
by fav would probably have to bu Inuyasha. its a good series about a half demons fitting in in a world where demons are evil and humans have to fight against them to stay alive. and there's a stone that could change him into a demon or human but a girl from the present went back in time and accidentally broke it. so they have to find the stone and put it back together. eventually the 1/2 demon and the girl fall in love.... oops i think i told too much sweatdrop  

a dreaded lullaby

conduit for cataclysm

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:22 pm
User Image
User Image
It makes me very sad that no one has recommended Eyeshield 21 yet. Seriously. Eyeshield 21 is amazing! There's 333 chapters. It is a pretty long manga, but it is well worth it. Here's a brief summary and other stuff.
Age Rating: 13-15+ (no sexual imagery of any kind, but if you're reading the un-americanized version there's lots of swearing)
Genre: Sports, Shonen, Comedy
Rating: 10/10!
Author: Riichiro Inagaki
Artist: Yusuke Murata
Brief Summary:
Sena Kobayakawa just started high school and already he is back a the bottom of the food chain, a gopher. However, since Sena has been a gopher for his entire life he is lightning fast. Yoichi Hiruma, the president of the football club and the most feared person in the entire school, notices this and forces Sena to join the American Football Club. Sena utilizes his speed on the field and becomes Eyeshield 21, a runningback of superspeed.
My Opinion: This manga is amazing! Yes, for a sports manga it is fairly stereotypical, but it isn't super-predictable, like a lot of them can be. Also, don't be put off by the fact that it's about football, if you are you are missing out BIG TIME. You will grow to love these characters, that is if they didn't charm you right off the spot. Unfortunately in America Eyeshield is only published in volumes, so you don't get all of the glorious coloring (and it is glorious) but it is definitely still worth reading. The characters are all wonderfully unique, and the art style is as well. It is a combination of super-accurate realism and slightly cartoony. Well, here, here's a few screen shots. READ IT.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 pm
xd Hana Kimi is good xd Its about Mizuki Ashiya, a Japanese girl living in the United States that learns about a famous high jumper. She finds out that he goes to Ohsaka High School, an all boys school. She goes back to japan and pretends to be a boy just to meet him and see him jump. Soon after she arives she finds out he quit hight jumping. If you want to more look it up on wiki. Its real funny and sweet. I think youll like it!  

Kingg KAy

4,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kingg KAy

4,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm
Dark_angel_dragon
Hmmmm...i'll have to check that one out someday. whee
i think you should read it right now it so so so good! xd it one of the best ive read  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:20 pm
one manga i've recently gotten into is "alice in the country of hearts" by quinrose. it's alice in wonderland with a really interesting twist! it's based off a game and is rated OT.

otherwise, i also enjoyed (which i hope isn't a repeat on the thread): honey hunt and hot gimmick (by miki aihara); re-play (by christy lijewiski); hellsing; fma (by hiromu arakawa); kamikaze kaito jeanne, gentlemen's alliance cross, & full moon (by arina tanemura); pet shop of horrors & genju no seiza (by matsuri akino), gatcha gacha (by yutaka tachibana); oyaubhime infinity (by toru fujieda), x/1999, legal drug, clover, miyukichan in wonderland, chobits, & tsubasa (by CLAMP); ouran high host club and milenium snot (by bisco hitori); wanted (by matsuri hino); punch! & happy hustle high (by rie takada); ceres, imadoki, & absolute boyfriend (by yu watase); love hina (by ken akamatsu); kare first love (by kaho miyasaka); mars (by fuyumi soryo); gunsmith cats; and finally one of my favs, GURREN LAGANN (by kotaro mori). i know i've read more but i can't think of them...  

xpunkashx

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

xpunkashx

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 pm
taijustsu_masta
User Image
User Image
It makes me very sad that no one has recommended Eyeshield 21 yet. Seriously. Eyeshield 21 is amazing! There's 333 chapters. It is a pretty long manga, but it is well worth it. Here's a brief summary and other stuff.
Age Rating: 13-15+ (no sexual imagery of any kind, but if you're reading the un-americanized version there's lots of swearing)
Genre: Sports, Shonen, Comedy
Rating: 10/10!
Author: Riichiro Inagaki
Artist: Yusuke Murata
Brief Summary:
Sena Kobayakawa just started high school and already he is back a the bottom of the food chain, a gopher. However, since Sena has been a gopher for his entire life he is lightning fast. Yoichi Hiruma, the president of the football club and the most feared person in the entire school, notices this and forces Sena to join the American Football Club. Sena utilizes his speed on the field and becomes Eyeshield 21, a runningback of superspeed.
My Opinion: This manga is amazing! Yes, for a sports manga it is fairly stereotypical, but it isn't super-predictable, like a lot of them can be. Also, don't be put off by the fact that it's about football, if you are you are missing out BIG TIME. You will grow to love these characters, that is if they didn't charm you right off the spot. Unfortunately in America Eyeshield is only published in volumes, so you don't get all of the glorious coloring (and it is glorious) but it is definitely still worth reading. The characters are all wonderfully unique, and the art style is as well. It is a combination of super-accurate realism and slightly cartoony. Well, here, here's a few screen shots. READ IT.
User Image

omg! i luv that series!! i never got into a football manga until i read eyeshield!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 pm
cutezjmce
Meru Puri...

it's one of my most fave mangas and its wonderful....just try reading it....you'll surely love this...

Author: Hino Matsuri
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Supernatural
Rating: Average 4.94 / 5

Summary

High school freshman Airi Hoshina has her life goals all planned out - meet a wonderful boy, get married by age 20, and enjoy an ordinary, loving family life. However, Airi's plan breaks down when she loses an heirloom hand mirror she carries on the way to school. She finds it in the hands of a lordly little boy named Aram, who just used it as a portal from a magical world. Aram has come to Airi's world in hopes of outrunning trouble at home, but it soon becomes clear that he can no more accomplish that than he can keep Airi from getting mixed up in it.

heart "'-JoAnA-Chan-'" heart

i love that series!! i was sad it was only 4 books long! that was the first series i read of hino's and i've loved her art ever since!!  

xpunkashx

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Death_Goddess_18

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm
My recommendation would be Ludwig Kakumei. The manga is really good. The author/artist is Yuki Kaori is dose these series Angel Sanctuary, Boys Next Door, Count Cain,Godchild,Fairy Cube,Ludwig Kakumei, and Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan.  
The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff