Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply The Surreal Guardians: An RPG
FAQ thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hellfire Champion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:48 pm
You got questions? I got answeres. If you are confused in any way, please, post a question here, and I'll respond to it as soon as I can.

If you want to ask anonymously, then PM me the question, and I'll post it here without revealing who you are.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:59 am
Allow me to post a few questions that I believe will appear most often:

Q: I'm confused. What should I fill out?
-A: Yeah, I'll admit it's a little confusing, since there's a lot to read. I'll tell you right now: the equipment skills, and item slots are NOT yours to deal with(When you start out, at least!). Here is what I want you to fill out:

Gaia name: (If I have to explain this... just leave.)
Character name: (Read above)
Age: (Be reasonable. Don't have 3 years old. But don't make your age 899302 or something like that.)
Class: (Read below)
Affinity: (Explained below)
Appearence: (Text or pictures. Pictures perferred, but text is more than welcomed)
Bio: (Make this good! An RP is as good as it characters. About a paragraph. Be descriptive, but don't write a novel.
Theme song: (Entirely optional, but it's good to have one!)
Newbie Pack sad

There are a few game related things you need to fill out, like Class, Affinity, stats, and Newbie Pack, but the rest, you fill out like a regular RP profile!

Q: What's a Newbie Pack?
-A: To get you hooked earlier, you are allowed to pick from a series of Newbie Packs. You can only pick 1 pack. So if you get a pack with Items it it, then they will be deposited in your Safety Deposit Box for you to equip later.

Q: What's a Safety Deposit Box?
-I realized halfway through develpment that people like to horde items(Me being among them!) Then, I realized that there was no way to keep items after getting a new one. If you liked the artifact weapon you have, but see a different one you like, then I felt it unfair for you to have to give it up to aquire the new weapon. So, from now on, all new items you recive will be put in a spot underneath your profile, for you to equip later.

Q: How do I equip items and weapons?
-A: When you accept a challenge/mission, you will be required to post profiles of all the party members participating. It is then that you can select your weapons, armor, items, and Runestones and put them in your profiles. After the battle, I will have a judge edit your profiles with the new items you equipped for your last battle. Chances are, you won't change your armor much until you get new ones. Therefore, to save you the trouble of reequipping every single battle, you can just copy and paste from the Roster to the challenge/mission you accept!

Q: How do I buy/sell stuff from/to the merchant?
-A: Post in the thread "I buy *Insert item purchased here* for *Insert gold amount here*

For selling, it's the same format, but say SELLING insteat of BUYING.

For Exclusive items and Weapon that require Gaia gold, I will have to have confirmation from Otulissa before you can get it.

Q: I don't understand how the mission system works!
-A: Here's how things will flow:

Phase 1: Accept a mission:

See a mission you like? Then Post in the mission thread, "I want to do*Insert mission name here* with:

And after that, you post the profiles of all characters participating. You HAVE TO POST THE PROFILES! Select equipment, items, weapons, and whatever you want from your SDB(Safety Deposit Box) and add them to your profile. Once the profiles are submitted, you CANNOT CHANGE YOUR ARMOR AND ITEMS! So think before you submit.

Phase 2: RP Sequence.

Go to the area that the Mission is taking place at(Ex: the Recon Mission takes place in the Ghazac Plain, so go to the Ghazac Plains Thread) and the Judge will post the mission, as well as the Battle and Arena Layout. After that, an short RP sequence will commence where the battle situation is set up. Usually, this sequence accounts for 1, maybe 2 posts by the fighter. In the event that a participator is absent, we'll just move on, but the battle will continue

*HINT* Not all missions are fighting missions. Sometimes, you will be required to talk to a certin group of NPCs, and maybe you won't have to fight!
Sometimes, depending on your RPing, you might be able to NEGOTIATE your way out of a fight! If that happens, you might recieve special bonus! Of course, the majority of missions will be fighitng, but you never know...

Phase 3: Battle.

The battle will play out like normal. Whether you win or lose the fight, you move on to:

Phase 4: RP sequence.

The outcome of the battle will determine the RP section. Again, some will only amount to 1 or two RPing posts. Your fighters will not die, but you will not get the award.

Q: Could you explain the battle system for me again?
-After the first mission is complete, There will always be an Extra Mission called, "Training," Where you get a few small items, but the function of that mission is to give you advice on the battle system. Instead of asking me to explain it, you will need to complete that mission.

Q: Is it that we need to create three characters, and to roleplay as all three, or do we create one, and roleplay os a three-man team with other roleplayers?

-A: You DO NOT have to create three characters. Three is just the maximum you can have.

Q: Concerning guns, is it possible to use the twin weapons perk with them when they reach level ten? I noticed that you carry ammo in the offhand, so...

-A: Sorry. That's not possible to use it. The twin weapon perk was designed for advancing Fighters in mind. I'll have to clarify that.

Q: Is it possible to have a null or neutral affinity? For those who fit into none of the personality categories listed with the elements?

-A: Sorry. You do need an affinity. And you don't HAVE to have those personality traits. I just added personalities for a little incentive. But no, you have to have an affinity, and it doesn't have to match what I listed.

Q: This totally sucks! This is such a dumb game!
-A: Not really a question, first of all. Second, remember, this was a SOLO project that was in development for 2 YEARS before you all ever saw it. So, for a solo project, I think it's rather good! IF that doesn't convince you, then you have three options available to you:

1)Suggest things. If there's something you don't like, then post a suggestion in the suggestion thread in this subforum. I WILL read, and I WILL respond to EVERY post!(If it's legitimate.)

2)Sign up to help me! If it's broken, then fix it! PM me with an application. I accept only applications that are in the same format as the CREW application. ATTENTION ALL CREW MEMBERS: Seeing that Otulissa has deemed you responsible, you don't have to send me applications. I trust you to be responsible enough to handle tasks I give you. So just PM me, saying you're willing to help, and trust me, I can put you to work.

3)Move on: This is the simplest and easiest thing to do, yet it's the method least picked by people for some reason. If you don't like this game, and have no intention of helping it get better, then just move on. The people who DO want to play this game don't want to hear your childish whining. I'll listen to what you have to say AFTER you make a game as big as this on. Until then, I don't want to listen to you.

Hellfire Champion
Crew

The Surreal Guardians: An RPG

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces