Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
In need of a new sister of faith.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:22 pm
Darkend Shadow Angel
Yes, I understand that he is 'the father of Wicca' but he is not the creator.

Um...I think you may be confused. Gardner is the founder of Wicca - it is his witchcult. Wicca did not exist before Gardner created it - this is fact, and certainly not disputed by Wiccans.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 pm
GS Sailor Chibi Galaxia
I in a coven, its a beginner coven or wiccan study group, it me my bestfriend and my boyfriend. What people don't think about is that the very first Wiccan had to be a Solitary, cause there were no others around untill it began to spread.

There are many different kinds of covens. Not all of them are Wiccan. Being in a coven doesn't equal being a Wiccan.

The first Wiccan, Gerald Gardner, created a new witchcult, based on different practices and rituals he collected, and his own experiences in a already existing witchcult. The Gods themselves initiated Gardner and made him their priest. He himself practiced Wicca in a coven, and his writings make it clear that Wicca was not meant to be practiced solitary.

While it is not impossible for other people besides Gardner to be (or to have been) initiated by the Lord and Lady of Wicca, there are means existing in lineaged traditions for testing such claims - and I
myself do not know (or know of) anyone who was initiated by the Gods alone, other than Gerald Gardner.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:49 pm
I'd just like to point out that some use Wicca interchangably with witch, which they do not mean the same thing, they do not practice the same thing. While Wiccans do practice witchcraft and are witches, all witches aren't Wiccan.
Unless you're into the whole fertility-based (yes, meaning nudity and sexual stuff) religion.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:37 am
Thank you for correcting me, i did not mean it as though you may have thought, i ment i am need of a close friend currently...and i knew i could find a reasonable one here, but it is fine. I may look elsewhere, and am still calling to my dear lost friend. I still love her, even though she has forced herself to disregard me. Morgana i know you are very wise, and i will trust your judgment. I think that morgana is correct in stating the previous, i looked it up last night, and i have found that what she is stating, is in fact, correct. I am still working up to my standards, and am currently trying to find my way..although i may stumble along the way.. don't we all? if you do not fail, how can you learn? so i will continue to learn, and grow. Thank you morgana, and the others.  

Goddess Aidos

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:34 am
BrItTaNy MaRiE cRoPp
Thank you for correcting me, i did not mean it as though you may have thought, i ment i am need of a close friend currently...and i knew i could find a reasonable one here, but it is fine. I may look elsewhere, and am still calling to my dear lost friend. I still love her, even though she has forced herself to disregard me. Morgana i know you are very wise, and i will trust your judgment. I think that morgana is correct in stating the previous, i looked it up last night, and i have found that what she is stating, is in fact, correct. I am still working up to my standards, and am currently trying to find my way..although i may stumble along the way.. don't we all? if you do not fail, how can you learn? so i will continue to learn, and grow. Thank you morgana, and the others.
They weren't trying to be mean, but helpful. Sometimes those who are helping may be a little harsh, but it does help you learn and question stuff. But I'm glad you've learned. Good luck finding a friend too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm
BrItTaNy MaRiE cRoPp
I am still working up to my standards, and am currently trying to find my way..although i may stumble along the way.. don't we all? if you do not fail, how can you learn? so i will continue to learn, and grow. Thank you morgana, and the others.

It's sometimes a painful lesson to learn, isn't it? We all do it, though.
You have a great attitude - it's nice to see.

Best of luck to your seeking. smile  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:56 pm
Quote:

BrItTaNy MaRiE cRoPp

Offline Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:41 pm
hello everyone, i have lost someone very dear to me, she was the only other wiccan i knew...and she is now gone...i am now looking for a new sister...

Someone who can:

. be there for me
. love me for me
. envoke the spirit with me
. connect with me
. relate to me
. help me in hard times
. cast a circle with me
. even long distance sister
. a bond that is strong

someone i can:
. relate to
. help in hard times
. be there for
. pray for
. ask the goddess to gift/ watch over
. connect with
. sisterly love
. bond with
. have a unbreakable relationship with.

hate to say, but you cant find someone like that on the net, sweetie. that was a sisterly connection-do you really beleive you can find an e-buddy like that?
try a request to the goddess for a soulmate/friend. youll do better, and its WAY safer.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:01 pm
oh, and with the whole 'gardner v wicca' thing, i think they mean that Gardner didnt create witches, who were around for thousands of years before him. but 'wicca', the term for neo-pagan witches, was created by gardner.  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:00 pm
EbonyxXxDiamond
oh, and with the whole 'gardner v wicca' thing, i think they mean that Gardner didnt create witches, who were around for thousands of years before him. but 'wicca', the term for neo-pagan witches, was created by gardner.

'Wicca' is not a term meaning "neo-pagan witches'. It means 'a member of the Wica'. It was not created as a catch-all for any pagan witch - it is a term specifically for the initiated members of Gardner's witchcult.

You are correct that Gardner did not create witches or witchcraft. He never claimed to, either.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff