Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Baby gender problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has this happened to you?
  Yes, it's the stupidest thing in the world!
  No, and I'm really glad it hasn't!
  I don't know. I don't let my sims mate.
View Results

Kiss of Color

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Okay, I don't know why but what ever your gender of your first child is, will be the gender of every child you have after that one.
I had this one family and the first childern was twins and they where both girls, and after that all they got was girls!! (and they had like 6 kids)
And the family i'm playing right now they had a boy, so i was pretty happy about that after all those girls, but i really want them to have girl. First time; boy. Second time; boy. Third time; boy! (no, they don't have 3 more babies, after everytime she would have a boy I would go to the main menu, but I would save to see if I could get something else)

So, I really wanted to know if this has happened to you. That I'm not the only one, because it's really fustrating.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:17 pm
Sadly, I haven't..Sorry T^T
I usually get boys when I want girls~~
I love to dress them up.

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Insayhem

Shy Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:40 pm
That happens to me alot, I want boys and all I get is girls. After six tries, six girls later, I finally get a boy.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:42 pm
It would be helpful if you said which game you were playing.

If you are playing Sims 2 then you could just be having a run of bad luck. Or there could be a conflicting hack.

If you are playing Sims 3 then it is possible that your Sim has eaten too many apples or watermelons. Those two fruit, and any recipes that use them, will alter the chances of a baby's gender. I believe that apples increase the chance of a boy and watermelons increase the chance of a girl although I could have got that the wrong way round.

I also believe this was altered slightly with the patch so that only the actual fruit has an effect and not the related recipes.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:32 pm
I don't think it's a glitch. My most recent family, she has a girl, then twin boys, the a girl. It's all about chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:31 pm
This kind of thing happens to me. Except I almost never get girls (which are always the ones I want)  

Life Hath Immortality

Sweet KottonKandy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:51 pm
I could've swore I read in a patch somewhere that said that fruit will no longer be the deciding factor in your baby's gender, but I just re-read thru them and I can't find it lol Maybe I am going nuts... >_<

Last time i grew a big family i think i had like all girls, i ended up adopting 2 boys, course she had that fertile buff too so she had all twins lol

I did get this off a page i bookmarked off Sims 3 forums: so Menaceman was right about this =)

Quote:
Eating Apples after becoming pregnant increases a Sim’s chance of having a boy.

Quote:
Eating Watermelon after becoming pregnant increases a Sim’s chance of having a girl.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:14 am
Aww, I wish I would have known that! I had three boys and I really wanted a girl >__>

My sim loves Apple Pancakes, too.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:57 am
Fear Loops, like I said though, the patch changed the code so that the recipes have no effect any more, just the raw fruit.

In the base game apple pancakes would have increased the chance of a boy but since the patch they just act like normal food. You need to get your Sim to eat actual apples.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 pm
I dunno... I just got mad at my game. My sim had twin girls (fertile buff) and I tried for boys. I got triplets and then twins all girls. And my sim ate nothing but raw apples. crying I want boys!

I'm getting tired of quitting w/out saving too, lol  

Chef Tine

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces