Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
A new record! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm
Yeah it does dosen't it, oh well, starcraft2 will be epic and Blizzard will be jumping around with benjamins around them, and the world keeps on going and Diablo 3 will sck because no one will keep up with s2, not even wow.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 am
You can say I'm a**l if you want, even though you're using the term incorrectly (it's supposed to mean extremely neat). (Wonders if someone will understand the underlying humor there or not)

Anyways, it's just the simple fact that you're most likely going to be proven wrong. Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, and Starcraft 2 all cater to different markets. As for Stacraft 2's potential quality, I'm defending it pretty vigorously because I played the original starcraft for a combined time of over 400 hours. Call it unhealthy, I'll agree with you, but 8th grade sucked, and that game helped make it bearable.

Having said that, I'm of the belief that Starcraft 2 will indeed be a worthy successor. Will it be as good? Well, who knows. That's hard to say, especially since we all have a tendency to give older games a certain degree of reverence, but one thing's for certain - nothing from what has been shown to us makes the game look any worse than the original. The only complaint that the hardcore SC players have so far is that there is less micromanagement, something that I don't think is actually a bad thing.

As for you saying D3 > SC2. That's just simply a stupid thing to say. That's like if I said FF13 > GoW 3. They are two different genres of gameplay. Diablo 3 is your top down hack and slash dungeon crawler. Some people like that, do I? only for about 2 hours, then I'm done. SC2 is an RTS with a multiplayer function that allows for amazing custom game maps. Is that what I'm interested in? Hell yes.

I'm going to go as far as to say that I'll probably not spend any money on a game until SC2 comes out. (Not including gamefly fees =P ).  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:12 am
Soul Calibur 2 IS better than Diablo 3, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:49 am
I lol'd  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:50 am
Ok  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash