Scary movies are on!
*hides behind sofa*
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am
User ImageWhat are your favourite scary movies to watch? Do you like horrors movies? What scared you as a kid? What are better- zombies, vampires or werewolves?

I'd say that as a kid I was most scared of Jurrassic Park since it was one of the scary flms my parents let us wtach. The dinosaurs traumatised me, but I loved it!
Also Terminator - since it was pretty brutal for a kid, but a great scary action film.

In general I like thrillers or action films with scares or gore built within them, rather than watchinga film characterised or defined by it's scares or gore. Sp for example I love 'Blade 2' 'the sixth sense' 'the shining' or 'Hollow Man' or 'Alien vs Predator' or 'Pans Labyrinth' or 'watchmen' etc etc
They're pretty tame, but can have more brutal moments.

I'd go for vampires any time. But i do prefer vampires which actually look like they could and want to kill you. (sorry twilight, sorry anne rice)
Both in literacy and in filsm vampires are great as monsters and also great as social statements of the linsk between sex and death xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:05 pm
Jurrasic Park scared me when I was a kid. I have to admit Anaconda did the trick too or even something like Jaws gave me a jump. XD

As for other scary but great movies. I loved "Dog Soldiers". It was about Werewolves and it wasn't really scary but like good story and very suspenseful with lovable characters with even a bit of humor to keep you watching. Very good movie.

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:00 pm
'Alien' is the only scary movie I can recall watching when I was little. Still look away when the little buggers pop out of the chests. I also don't like Freddy Krugar ((spelling?)) from Nightmare of Elms Street......he can just stay out of my dream world.

Silent Hill I thought was pretty good-especailly the part with the nurses. Halloween with Michael Myers I liked because I think he's just a awesome killer. Last year I also got into the Hellraiser series (pretty grusome mind you).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
Hellraiser is a 1987 horror film exploring the themes of pain as a source of pleasure and morality under duress and fear.

I like many of the movies DT mentioned. I love Jurrassic Park, AVP *huggles the preds*, and Pan's Labyrinth-there are parts I look away from there too.

One series of movie I refuse to ever watch again is 'SAW'. I barely made it through the first one-even my brother who loves horror movies thought it was too much.

I also don't care much for zombies.....vampires and werewolves I love though.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:24 am
i've always been intirgued as to what hellraiser is  

dragontamer363
Crew

Deadpan

1,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:52 am
Hmm Anything with clown's in it  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:19 am
When I was a child I adored Jurasic Park and the Alien movies
xD
I always believed that the Alien was really just misunderstood and totaly the victim in those movies.
(I have a life long habit of sympothising with the bad guy in movies.
I blame my mother for that.
Or the fact that the bad guys are ussualy better designed.)

Also I just never found Alien all that scary.
I mean...it's the most phallic monster creature out there.
Cool as all hell design though, I adore H.R Gigers work on that creature and the Alien Ship.

The scariest movie I've ever seen though, must have been when I first saw a horror film when I was about 6, I was at a friends house, we were alone there and were planning too watch some cartoons.
But she put the wrong tape in and we ended up in the middle of a Nightmare on Elmstreet movie.
I was absolutely terrified.
Mostly thought because the tape was a bit blurry so I thought Freddy Krueger was a walking Scarecrow.
Later that day my sister managed to calm me down by explaining to me that Freddy was just a heavily burned scar dead child murderer that killed people in their dreams,
I for some reason found that much less scary.
About a week later I nagged my sister into letting me watch one of those movies with her, and I had to calm her down a few times since she honestly has no tolarence for horror movies.

I now watch Nightmare on Elmstreet movies only when in the mood for a good laugh.

klikkhaus

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:07 pm
haha!

i could never watch nightmare on elm street - the killing form dreams thing freaks me out to the point where even the simpsons rip-off of it freaks me out xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:23 pm
I know I hate that.....although Vampress believes she could take him because she says she has very good control over her dreams. I wish I did....

I also didn't like the film because they killed Johnny..... crying  

0Moon_Maiden0

klikkhaus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:50 am
To be fair
if I hadnt origionaly thought he was a scarecrow I propobly would have thought that someone killing me through dreams was pretty scary, but
compared to a walking scarecrow?
No way.
Scarecrows just freak me the hell out
D=
Not because I have any fear of them harming me in anyway,
I rarely fear things in relation to my pain or death,
they just freak me out by standing there all still-like.
Freaky bastards.

But then, I propobly had irration fears as a child.
The only reacurring nightmare I had as child was that of a train in my house hunting me and my family down.
We dont even have freaking trains in Iceland.

I love the Hellraiser series
:]
It's visualy pleasing to the extreme.
And since the biggest reason I watch horror movies is for the artistic design, Hellraiser just fills me to the brim with happy fuzzy feelings.
The Cenobites (that would be Pinhead and his crew of torturing mutulated leather clad freands) are just way too cool :]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 pm
oh i just saw it on tv so it reminded me.
Ghost Ship was a quite tame horror that my dad always made me watch (he loves boats) - about a hanuted cruise ship.
it's fine but for the opening scene where a wire chops everyone in half.  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:41 pm
You put a nurse poster up just because I said they freak me the hell out, didn't you DT!? D8

I am a pansy, I can't watch horror movies.
My friend periodically will have me watch one with her and I usually relent for whatever reason.
I did enjoy Cry Wolf though.
I loved the game of cat and mouse in it, trying to find the killer while you're being hunted.
I kind of liked Hitcher too but that was it.
I don't do monster movies.
Overactive imagination.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:11 pm
Placing this in the main forum.
There wasn't that many posts so I don't want to put it in the memorable threads but I don't want to delete them either so I'll lock and leave it in the main forum.

Thank you to DT (DragonTamer363) for creating this topic for the Halloween 2009 event!!!

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces