Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
So does this officially make me a knitter? XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aluxis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 pm
Ok, so I was bored last night and decided to visit our local Hobby Lobby. I figured I could look at their pattern books. My best friend is pregnant and I want to knit the baby a blanket. Well you have to pass all the yarn to get to the books on the back wall and I see all these sales on yarn. Well I really didn't intend to buy anything, nor did I really have the money to anyway. But there were some pretty good sales. So after walking through and struggling with the temptation for a while I finally ended up buying 6 things of yarn that I have no clue what I'm going to use for yet and I didn't even make it to the pattern books.

But here's how I've justified spending the money to myself. When I started knitting I found not only did I enjoy doing it but that I was also cutting back on my smoking because I would get so focused on my project that I wouldn't think about a cigarette (I'm one of those who smokes out of boredom). I've been meaning to quit smoking for a bit now but I just haven't made myself do it yet. So I told myself last night that the pack I bought yesterday morning would be my last and the money I spent on yarn would come from what I would usualy spend on cigarettes. So I guess I'm just trading an expensive bad habit for an expensive good one? lol  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:24 pm
I'd say it makes you an official knitter! XD  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Lady Brakefall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 pm
I agree i think it makes you an official knitter too ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:10 pm
Lol I think you were already a knitter, now you're a yarnaholic. But it's a much more productive addiction 3nodding  

gemini6184

Aluxis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:27 am
gemini6184
Lol I think you were already a knitter, now you're a yarnaholic. But it's a much more productive addiction 3nodding

lol, I think your right  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm
if u did knitting and quit ur normal habit den mostly yes u are  

OoCassadeeoO

xXMusical SilenceXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:12 pm
I'm so proud of you! If you can knit, you're a knitter.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 am
Looks like you're moving from Smoker to Knitter! I did the same thing in September!! I'm SO proud of you and I don't even know you!!! Since I quit smoking I've learned how to knit cables and and mittens and beanies and kitties. I can share some patterns with you that I used in my first few weeks of knitting without smoking if you like!  

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Sachiko13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 am
way to go! knitting is so much better for you!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games