do you like it?
  hate it
  love it
  eh, it's okay
  could be better
View Results

jessi_angel94_2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 pm
i know this should be with writing but almost no one reads it, and i need some help with something. will you guys honestly tell me what you think of a paper i had to write? i know it's kinda long so you don't have to if you don't wanna. i would really really appreciate it.

Which Path is My Own?
Some people go through life living the way that they have always wanted, while others have followed a path that was chosen for them. Some people tend to try and avoid looking at their future as much as possible. If you go through life expecting that it will be simplistic with very little or no challenge then you will never learn what the world is truly like. You may choose to let others take the lead, but that choice never truly lets you become what you may wish for. The only way to gain what is wanted is to strive for it. People must deprive themselves of what others think of them in order to accomplish whatever it is that they truly desire. They can choose to let others take the lead, but when they must leave, they would only have the knowledge of what others have provided for them. In life, I believe that there are two types of people, though we are all different. The two types are the people that take the lead and guide others along or direct them, while the other is the followers. They let others make the choices for them, but if the leaders were to disappear then the followers would be lost, with no direction. I want to become what I wish and not what others have planned for me or the path that others try guiding me down.

“A world turned into a stereotype, a society converted into a regiment, a life translated into a routine, make it difficult for either art or artists to survive. Crush individuality in society and you crush art as well. Nourish the conditions of a free life and you nourish the arts, too.”-Franklin D. Roosevelt.
I find this quote is representing the part of me that yearns to become an artist. People tend to only see the side of me that can be intelligent, they think that what’s best for me is not to become what I have already started doing, but to but to become what they think will be the right choice for me. For me the art I draw is something special. Art is a world that I can escape into, one I feel like I belong to. In the quote Franklin D. Roosevelt says, “A world turned into a stereotype…a life translated into a routine, make it difficult for either art or artists to survive.” For me this is a passion that struggles to be free. I feel that I cannot become an artist if no one believes I can. As the world continues to stereotype it makes it difficult for people to see me as an artist and easier for them to see me as intelligent person. Roosevelt also says, “Crush individuality in society and you crush art as well.” I believe this t be true. Each person is an individual, and by stereotyping people it makes it seem like there are groups of people that are the same. If you view people this way you will never see them for who they are. Everyone is their own artist and each of us expresses that art differently. When you stereotype there is no longer a way to express that art, for everyone will be the same. I feel like I can relate to this, because I have been drawing and sketching for over 5 years, and in the past I have been repeatedly told that I can’t draw. Even to this day there are an enormous amount of people that think that I cannot draw. I have also been stereotyped many times. Some of the stereotypes that were given to me were things such as “emo” and “goth” and sometimes “nerd”. When people do this I don’t really know how to react, so now I just tend to shut people out and draw to myself. There are only a select few that I let see what I’ve drawn. I will ask some of my close friends or an individual for their opinion on it, but always have a slight fear of what they might think of it.

Some people believe that money can solve almost any issue that they have. Though it is true that money can solve an enormous amount of problem; however that is only because we, as humans, have spent ages revolving our lives around money. Most now believe that in order to succeed we must earn money and turn away our dreams of what we want to become in order to live a better life; I believe that this is not true, and if we choose so, we can still live a happy and fulfilling life. Though many people want to have a well paying job that they can support themselves with, others like to pursue other possibilities and career paths. My parents want me to become successful and have an excellent job, so they are trying to help me by telling me of beneficial jobs that provide a very decent amount of money. My parents are trying to persuade me to be a nurse, pharmacist, or even a doctor. I may not like these jobs but my parents think that I have great potential and can achieve anything that they set their minds to.
Being successful is important to me and so is pursuing my dream. My desires take me down an even more difficult and frustrating one compared to the one that my parents have planned for me. I know that they are only trying to help so right now I feel as though I should try even harder. I’m afraid that if I were to take a path that was my own, then my parents would be disappointed in me. They have always told me how good I would be at a certain job and I feel like they expect more from me than I can provide. I only focus on what is right in front of me right now, and do not wish to look at my future possibilities just yet. In the future they may not understand why I have chosen a path that is not their own. My parents may feel as if I am not trying my hardest and that I could have done better, but they do not realize that I am trying my best, it’s just not in the same way. Other people may have a similar situation. They may want to pursue two completely different careers but, they to, know it’s just not possible. If I truly wanted to I could pursue them both. I could do one after the other and take years to accomplish both their dream and mine. I do not however, want to spend my life doing this. I want to be a free person and not have to be concerned with all of that. If I had to take that long to do both of those, then I would feel like a bird, sitting in its cage, yearning to be let out so that I could fly far away. I would go places that I’ve never heard of and see things I’ve never seen.

Having both my future and my planned future running through my head constantly I have had a lot of time to think. They both show how life is constantly conflicting and how it always will. You can’t always choose your path and some people may always have a set path. I have the opportunity to choose what life will be for me and to choose what I will do. Even though school is a priority for me and art is only something that I do in my free time they both exist together at this point. I know in the future there will be a crossroad, and I will have to choose which path I will go down. I may stand there for a moment, pondering the past. What have I accomplished? How far has life taken me? Then I will choose and I will not look back again. My path will be chosen and it will have been something I have done on my own. Others will not have chosen my life, not what will happen, and absolutely not have been the reason for my future. It’s not about them, it’s about me.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:50 am
This Reason Why

it's me chill'n,
just being me,
everyone tries to say i'm not a gee;
As for I can always just go to work,
and let the ladies tw'ork;
as for is this a game,
or am i goin insane.
yeah but why don't you see,
that's not me;
Yeah I could even once say I was gee;
but not anymore,
cause i'm not like that,
but hey shorty I just struck back.
I'm a poet,
and i'm not scared to show it;
as for here i'll lay my head,
with the wrong thoughts of being dead;

As I live on,
till the time beyond;
wishin you were right were I had you from the start,
I even tried to mail you some sweet'tarts;

As for I wish you could see,
To where you might believe me.
I'm just a bird in the trees,
wishin' I knew where you are,
Because i'd fly like bees;
To however how far.

Just to see you once,
i'd most likely even ask you to lunch;
As for this can never be,
because i've already see.

To see what really lies past that shut door,
I knew I didn't have a chance anymore;
Just with only you and me,
why couldn't it be me as your gee.
You think it's cute,
you act like it's a joke;
As I drown in my love for you,
being soked;

As I try to carry on;
I thought I might even see you near my pond;
To sit in sarrow,
just as the sparrow.

______8888888888____________________
____888888888888888_________________
__888888822222228888________________
_88888822222222288888_______________
888888222222222228888822228888______
888882222222222222288222222222888___
8888822222222222222222222222222288__
_8888822222222222222222222222222_88_
__88888222222222222222222222222__888
___888822222222222222222222222___888
____8888222222222222222222222____888
_____8888222222222222222222_____888_
______8882222222222222222_____8888__
_______888822222222222______888888__
________8888882222______88888888____
_________888888_____888888888_______
__________88888888888888____________
___________888888888________________
____________88888___________________
_____________88_____________________
'cause your already there...........................
wish a'pon a shining star, smile
that you will live life long,
To go so very far; (I'd go all the way) wink
as i'm slippin' away to the beyond;
waiting for the day and chance,
As i'll never get to show you my dance.

With 2 left feet,
Everyone laughes,
With their greet;
Look into the past;
Back when or if I had a chance, wink
I swear I could've shown you my dance.

this is to show you that I care,
as for maybe I should beware;
from all the chance that I gave,
is to you untill the grave.
I'm just a bird in the trees,
wishin' I knew where you are,
Because i'd fly like bees;
To however how far.

Just to see you once,
i'd most likely even ask you to lunch;
As for this can never be,
because i've already see.

To see what really lies past that shut door,
I knew I didn't have a chance anymore;
Just with only you and me,
why couldn't it be me as your gee.
You think it's cute,
you act like it's a joke;
As I drown in my love for you,
being soked;
As I try to carry on;
I thought I might even see you near my pond;
To sit in sarrow,
just as the sparrow.
As I fall to failure,
Like a Rose pedal to the ground,
as you say to cheer up,
I won't come around.....
Even if I were to hear you make other sounds;
As for their all the same,
their all the same,
like broken windows and paper scraps,
their all the same.
fire sun
upon life
to taste that last chance
for as we'll have a little dance

at the safety of your home
the lives that we lost
the lives that we love
but don't hold up

cause i'll be waitin
and i'll only need your help
out of control
tryin to live my day

This is the only chance
running on empty
but still goin this far
tryin to get away

but she always comes back
to kiss me one more time
tasting the last chances
will last forever

so now i'm almost done
already tried to kill your wife
As I dance
around before I make my last stop

Then i'll be goin' home
So see I never lost
But I didn't love
but don't wait up for your little pup  

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

ArcticWolf - Kiba
Crew

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Is this what you think personally feel?
or just thought up something for school?

Either way, it is great. I love the language and metaphors you use.
Its way beyond my writing skills.

D:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:46 am
Wonderful job, Jessi. There are a couple of gramatical errors that you might want to fix before you turn it in, but you did awesome. That essay would tend to make one think ALOT and you make a very valid point. May I ask which class this is for?  

MystiBlu

jessi_angel94_2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:51 am
@Kiba- This is a paper for class and it is supposed to be also what i feel emotionaly.
@Mysti- It's for my advance sophmore English class.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:30 pm
i gots my grade from school for it back. okie so since i don't know your grading system here's my schools.
A. 90-100%
B. 80-89.9%
C. 70-79.9%
D. 60-69.9%
F. 0-59.9%

i got a D on my paper. she said it was very disorganized, and dthat i had no clear thesis. sad  

jessi_angel94_2

ArcticWolf - Kiba
Crew

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:27 pm

What was the assignment about? o.o

That's not possible to get a D. o.o
If I handed that in I would get an A.
Lol.

Is it suppose to be an essay with two sides to it?
Isn't a thesis a thing to argue about so theres two sides to it? o.o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:47 pm
a thesis in the paper is what i'm supposed to be talking about in my paper, and it's supposed to be in the ntroduction. and yes, my paper has two sides to it.*sigh*
i wish i got an A  

jessi_angel94_2

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 pm
*pats jessis head* It'll be ok *smile* I liked your paper... It was little.. "disorganized", but it makes a good point, If i was your teacher, i would have given you a B ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm
thanks connor. *mumbles* stupid teacher.....  

jessi_angel94_2

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:25 pm
yes,yes, Teachers can be bitches...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:39 pm
lolz, so true. except my one teacher....
he always gave us snacks, and othe cool stuff.XD  

jessi_angel94_2

Guild of Roses

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces