Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sailor Moon / / The Gaian Senshi

Back to Guilds

Info, Skits, Coseplay, Games, Roleplaying, Much More. 

Tags: Sailor moon, Sailor scouts, Information, Acting, Roleplaying 

Reply Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)
PGSM Live-Action

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen PGSM?
  yes, I've seen the whole thing
  I've seen parts of it
  no, I haven't =(
View Results

Hypatia Star
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:03 am
User Image

Has anyone in here seen the live action version ("Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon") version of Sailor Moon. If so, how do you like it compared to the anime and manga. I was thrilled when I found out about it, and even though there is a lot of cheesiness and low budget effects, some of the story lines were really unique and interesting.

Spoilers ahead! Highlight below to see text.

I loved that Ami became evil, and she definitely had some chemistry going on with both Kunzite and Nephrite. I found Nephrite's naivety and emotional outbursts amusing. I liked the fact that each Shitennou had his own destiny and didn't all end the same as in the manga and anime. Usagi's deranged, unsympathetic alter ego was an interesting contrast to her otherwise kind and loving personality. Rei and Minako were unexpectedly slashy and ended up being my favorite pair. I loved how the show was much more true to the manga and incorporated many elements of it.

On the other hand, I thought Motoki's character deviated too far and I didn't like the change. Making Luna a stuffed cat was bad enough, but did they really have to make her into an 10-year old senshi channeling that annoying brat Chibi Usa? The monsters and special effects were laughable, and I was disappointed that they didn't invest more money in them considering Sailor Moon is such a popular franchise. My biggest complaint is that they didn't make more episodes. crying Come on, I really wanted to see a live action Haruka!

Well, now you know what I think. What about you?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 am
Yeah the live action wasn't too bad. It took me a few episodes to get into it. Have you seen the movie? rolleyes That was kinda lame. lol

We don't hear anything about Queen Serenity and then she just shows up in the movie.

Out of the manga, anime, and the live action I prefer the manga and the anime.

Spoiler: I wish that in the anime and live action they went into the story line about Mamoru's crystal. They kinda do in supers with the golden crystal but it origanlly was hidden away inside Mamoru like Usagi's silver crystal.

He also had magical powers! I hate how they make him kinda useless.

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yume_Silvermoon

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm
The live action was okay. It was an interesting twist on Sailor Moon, but I didn't like it as much as the manga.

I agree that Motoki was too different. He went from cool older-brother figure to kind of a geek ^_^; I mean, he was likeable, just not recognizable. If they were going to change him that much I think they should have done away with "Motoki" and created a new original character. And the plushie-cats... not my cup of tea. I'd rather have seen the real Chibiusa than loli-Luna. But that would mean a whole new story arc I guess.

I did like that they kept Venus being the princess's decoy, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:04 pm
Yume_Silvermoon
The live action was okay. It was an interesting twist on Sailor Moon, but I didn't like it as much as the manga.

I agree that Motoki was too different. He went from cool older-brother figure to kind of a geek ^_^; I mean, he was likeable, just not recognizable. If they were going to change him that much I think they should have done away with "Motoki" and created a new original character. And the plushie-cats... not my cup of tea. I'd rather have seen the real Chibiusa than loli-Luna. But that would mean a whole new story arc I guess.

I did like that they kept Venus being the princess's decoy, though.

Yeah I had a hard time getting used to talking plushies. lol  

Blackdemondreams
Captain

Shadowy Citizen

12,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

srv1025

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:29 am
I really want to see it! Anybody know where i can find it?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:23 am
i loved PGSM but thats probably because Im a Kamen rider/super sentai power rangers fan .I like how the story was different Princess Usagi was pretty nuts .the cast was very likable and the twist Ami and on Minako was good but she was my fav. the plushie cats were alright . my only problem was sailor luna she was as annoying as chibiusa who I hate too and she was the biggest one for whoring all the merchandise putting on the makeup etc  

l Sailor Cancer l

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 am
it confuses me cause all the girls have dark hair when they are normal, so i can't tell which one is which until they transform. otherwise, it's so cool to see salior moon in a real life way.  
Sailor Moon Free Chat (Chatter Box, General Discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games