Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply *~Purple Moonlight Haze~*
Urban Legends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen the ghost of John?
Long, white bones with his skin all gone?
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
He comes by every Thursday.
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Nope.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I used to. Then he left me.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:50 pm
User Image Every area seems to have at least one.
A tale that has been passed down.
An urban legend could be a false event designed to keep children out of trouble or something that is (or was) honestly believed to be true or just some sort of superstition.
In some cases there is a mix of truth and fiction.
Many of these involve a ghost of some sort.

Are there any urban legends specific to where you live?

Edit: This site is a good place to look for American guild members.

Feel free to link any helpful sites you find.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:03 pm
I didn't think there were any in my area, but I found out a local fish bar is supposedly haunted. I'm a bit sketchy on how it goes, and it's not going to be very tense, but here we go:

There was a man who dedicated his life to his work. I guess he loved his job to an unhealthy point.

When he died, his ghost began to haunt the restaurant. Employees have heard pans drop in the kitchen, only to find that nothing has fallen.

My friend who works there claims he saw a man at the register after closing. He told him to wait a second and went out to help him, but the man was gone.

He told his coworkers about it, they told him the story and he told me.

It's a pretty lame urban legend, and quite possibly just his coworkers messing with him, but it's all I have. My city is pretty uneventful. I'm going to see if I can find any interesting ones.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:15 pm
i dunno if we have any.

i little legend thing we had in our friendship group was that in the field of long grass behind a friend's house there was a tree a guy hanged himself in.
my sister's friend said she felt weird things and that her shoelaces kept on untying themselves over and over when she was in that field.
Kind of laughable, but as kids it was a little freaky  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:21 pm
Ooh, I found a site similar to what I was hoping to find.

Ghosts of America

If you live in the United States, just click your state and look for your city. I found these reports:

-A woman with larvae crawling out of her mouth who likes to scare people looking for ghosts.
-The ghost of a tied up female at a dam.
-A lady gripping her head under her arms. Supposedly the soul of a woman who passed away a long time ago.
-An exploring guy with half his head gone.
-A crying decapitated woman near the underwater park.
-A 12 foot man who was seen fishing at a lake before vanishing.
-The ghost of a teenage girl who was seen in the backseat of a car. She mumbled something about revenge of an assassination. Supposedly the spirit of a long dead citizen.
-A person with a skeleton face in shady robes was seen trimming hedges. The witness ran. Others who have seen him think he was a traveller murdered in the area. ( I also found a similar story on Jokes and Lies).

Oh, I almost forgot. Supposedly we have our own Loch Ness monster.  

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:01 am
lol Wow all that was really cool.
I think I shared most of my ghost stories before but here's one for now.
Back when I was small we went to Massachusetts to pick strawberries. In one of these fields my uncle took a picture of me. After he developed it everyone was surprised to see a red figure next to me and I'm looking to the side looking a bit scared or bothered. The took it to my great grandma and she said that it was an evil spirit. Later it disappeared from the picture. Anyways, I found out that, that area was where the had the witch hangings so I'm not surprised if it is really haunted.

Another incident in the past is from an apartment my parents had back in NY. Apparently one of the rooms was haunted. Once my dad's mom came over and slept in that room. That night something tried to strangle her but she managed to fight it off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am
interesting razz but i dont have any scary story to share tho sweatdrop  

Fate-J

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:18 am
Placing this in the main forum.
There wasn't that many posts so I don't want to put it in the memorable threads but I don't want to delete them either so I'll lock and leave it in the main forum.

Thank you to Dornkus for creating this topic for the 2009 Halloween Guild Event!!!!!!

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games