Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Glenn Beck

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:22 pm
Yeah off-subject but i like him, i'm not a fan of news, but i like his sarcastic, down to-earth views of what's going on(i lol'd about the acorn video, acorn sucks), and fox news is the only non-democratic news broadcasting show in america, if you don't know him, or you hate him, you'd think of him as the chubby, white-haired nazi look alike(book he wrote, on the cover he dressed as a nazi officer, i'm not racist)man on t.v, please comment.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 pm
I dunno know much about any of his other views, but I do know he's one of those anti-science morons.  

yeahime

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm
Fox news may be the only American non-democratic news source, but they are still extreme. Glenn Beck is nothing more than an entertainer. I really don't know if he believes the crap that comes out of his mouth. I mean, he blamed all of America's troubles on Atheism then somehow redirects it Obama hate (see video).

I watch him to laugh at his stupidity - along with Bill O
Reilly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuAVgmWt0U

Watch Titanic if you want to watch someone break down in tears then blame his medication on air.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm
lol, true i just like the sarcastic view, news blows, corrupted by gov., gov. sucks.  

The Ginger Dude

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 pm
A few more clips.

Glenn Beck does a horrible slippery slope fallacy, saying that progressive artwork predicts our current direction towards communism (lol).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szlLM5lCNJg&feature=related

Glenn Beck does another slippery slope (every argument from his is one) about the proposed health care system leading us towards communism. He can make good points, but watch his logic. Everything leads towards Obama-bashing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbwoa5II5Q&feature=related

I'm not an Obama fan, and may not agree with health care. But Glenn Beck, seriously?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:48 am
Jonnnn
Fox news may be the only American non-democratic news source, but they are still extreme. Glenn Beck is nothing more than an entertainer. I really don't know if he believes the crap that comes out of his mouth. I mean, he blamed all of America's troubles on Atheism then somehow redirects it Obama hate (see video).

Reilly.

Watch Titanic if you want to watch someone break down in tears then blame his medication on air.

I agree that he's only an entertainer, but I kinda agree with what he says in the video (about deifying Barrack Obama).  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:46 am
Haratio TaFotter
Jonnnn

Reilly.

I agree that he's only an entertainer, but I kinda agree with what he says in the video (about deifying Barrack Obama).

You don't see his horrible logic? He connects godlessness to putting your faith in the government (Not God! lololol) to Obama propaganda that doesn't have anything to with Obama.

Regardless, thats not really the point of the clip. He was comparing the all the troubles we are having in this nation to godlessness. He's trying to say that instead of putting your faith in Obama, you should put it in an invisible sky God.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm
Jonnnn
Haratio TaFotter
Jonnnn

Reilly.

You don't see his horrible logic? He connects godlessness to putting your faith in the government (Not God! lololol) to Obama propaganda that doesn't have anything to with Obama.

Regardless, thats not really the point of the clip. He was comparing the all the troubles we are having in this nation to godlessness. He's trying to say that instead of putting your faith in Obama, you should put it in an invisible sky God.

This is exactly why I don't watch anything on Fox News (except Geraldo. Damn, that's an awesome mustache.) And I'm Christian. v_v

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he connected the Balloon Boy controversy to Obama.  

pathetic_negi_magician

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:58 pm
Lol  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:56 pm
Jonnnn
Haratio TaFotter
Jonnnn

Reilly.

I understood the point of the video. I can see how is logic is a little flawed, but at the same time, I believe there's a difference between putting faith in your government and writing praise songs about a President.  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 pm
Balloon Boy tragedy was the greatest thing I've ever seen. And Horatio, I can agree with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 pm
Don't feel bad, Jonnnn was a hardcore Ron Paul fanboy. Lol.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am
nitnit
Don't feel bad, Jonnnn was a hardcore Ron Paul fanboy. Lol.

Ron Paul is infinitely more credible than Glenn Beck. I'd still vote Paul over McCain or Obama any day.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 pm
Jonnnn
Balloon Boy tragedy was the greatest thing I've ever seen.
Quote:

Sadly, I wasn't the only person who wanted the boy dead. I mean, a death would be tragic, but a much better news story than that he was hiding in his house.

Also, Stephen Colbert was higher on my list than McCain.

pathetic_negi_magician

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm
I like him because he is entertaining, first and foremost. Also, even if you don't agree with his line of thinking or beliefs, he tends to bring up stuff that other people won't, and at least provides another, non-liberal/democratic viewpoint on it. Some may call Fox News "extreme", but really, it kind of has to balance all of the bias on the other news stations.

But you know who is even more awesome? Ben Stein. And Warren Buffet is a BAMF, too. rofl  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games