Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Angry Sonic the Hedgehog Rant

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DO you want sonic back to his old roots?
  Yes
  No
  I dont even like Sonic.
View Results

ArcanaXVIII

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:39 pm
search bring bring sonic back to his old roots

and click the first link and read.

It makes me angry!

People want to make sonic 2D and end the 3D games, And get rid of everyone thats not
Sonic/Metal Sonic
Eggman
Knuckles
Tails
Small animals.

Tell me what is wrong with that list! Would you like to see only those characters in only a 2d sonic world for the rest of your gaming life?

Who here thinks Amy is cool?
Who thinks Big may be retarded but cool at the same time?
Who doesnt like Shadow and his awesome motorcycle riding skills???

I personally like the new games especially Sonic Unleashed.
I don't like the werehog missions much but its still fun to see something new in a sonic game!

Alas my rant is over...Thank you for reading my anger filled rant!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm
sonic is a dead series slowly being milked out with shitty ideas...so maybe if they took the old stages and revamped them into a 3D world...and came up with a story that didn't scream desperate...and listened to the fans that are not from the ages of 6 to 10...they could save it...but they wont...hows that go again? why make great when good makes more money?  

Niaxus

Raike99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 pm
******** the old games AND the new games.
I say they should go back to the SA/SA2B style.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:27 pm
To be honest, I encourage the revert back to its roots. Back then, a Sonic game was a Sonic game. You couldn't change that. If they ******** it up, then I have little faith in Sega. But if they make another game like SA/SA2, then I have no problem with that since those were awesome and still are awesome.  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 pm
[warning: the following thoughts may not be sequential]
In my opinion, Sonic CD was pretty epic, and that fits all of the items on the list above (just Sonic + Eggman as the main characters, and 2D, discounting the 3D bonus stages).

I think if Sega actually tried hard enough, they could make a decent game that lots of people would want to play, but I think they're just going to continue milking Sonic for the money he's worth.

Sonic Adventure 1+2 were pretty good, too, so something like that wouldn't be bad either. The "Sonic in Wonderland" stuff they started doing afterward didn't help much, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm
Raike99
******** the old games AND the new games.
I say they should go back to the SA/SA2B style.

This, Sonic Adventures were the only ones I ever really enjoyed.  

Cybylt

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:42 pm
What? People don't like it when you take game series from their childhood and lower the quality immensely?! Madness.

Having said that, the old games are pretty damn overrated.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 am
Im not saying the old games were boring and overrated i just dont want to never see some of the awesome "minor" characters!

MY favorite sonic game just happens to be Sonic CD it was so fun and in my opinion the best sonic game.

So im sorry if it may of seemed that i was saying the old games sucked or something.  

ArcanaXVIII

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:48 am
Personally, I wouldnt care. As long as Tails is still around, then Im okay with any changes they make. Tails is awesome!  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games