Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ooc = out of character
  chat, discuss, post characters, enjoy!
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 am
Welcome to the modern fantasy rp 'Thane Nosturim'.

This is very much a work in progress, and quite detailed background might be needed, so i made this Out of Character post that you can refer back to smile

The Plot will losely follow Lord of the Rings in nature, but will be transcribed into a modern environment.

In a thoroughly divided and secgregated world of different races, a kind of Cold War has emerged between the 'dark' territories and the 'light'.
Over two hundred years there have been negotiations with the dark lands, and the Cold War is cooling, but with the election of a new darklands monarch - Thane (king) Nosturim - and his usurpation of political power in the darklands, a rumor has circulated that he has developed a weapon, enforced with black magic, that will rival all other weapons in power and ferocity.
However there are also rumors of an ancient magical item that can destroy this weapon. The Lightlands have begun to seek the holder of this item, and search for mercenaries to go out and assassinate Nosturim and destroy his weapon, thus putting another more sympathetic leader in his place and end the Cold War.

[under construction]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:09 am
Hmmm....what character to dig out? So many choices.....but I think I'm going to play a guy-that's for certian.  

0Moon_Maiden0

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm
I am here, as advised. 3nodding I like it. Lord of the Rings, but more modern... How much modern are we talking about? Like, tech-medieval or something? xp Either way, Everyone knows my character defies all logic and still stays cool.

I'm in. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 pm
tee hee cool smile

I'm working on how it'll work - what i do know is that (a la lord of the rings) we need an innocent guy or girl who has the magic item that will destroy teh weapon, but doens't know it.

as for how modern - i'm thinking practically modern day, although considering how the time periods mess around and move differently it's very different to our time. the integration of magic has made things look a little futuristic at points.
Imagine cars, guns, plains, trains, tv, internet etc
Space travel is in it's infancy because of restrictions posed by conflicting religions and worldviews etc
visual arts can almost be holographic if they're imbuned with magic, but only extremly low level magic can be included in general (as magic requires an individual's constant effort to produce it)

Dragons have practically been hunted to extinction or 'enslaved' for military use, thus rarely ever appear in the wild.
the whole globe has been discovered, but not necessarily colonised. there are still large magical forests, haunted lands and deserts that are uninhabitable, and ancestral elven and dwarvish lands are not permitted to be built upon.

There is genrally a shift into urban life - large cities of mixed races.

the darklands are the part of the world that used to inhabit the nastiest creatures. Genrally the population is descendants of these evildoers, but have softened and the nastier ppl are primarily in the cirminal underworlds.

in the LightLands (etc)
Centaurs and fae are primarily rural farmers, though centaurs can go into the city and get jobs as policemen, bouncers and otehr jobs which benefit tehri bulk.
hobbits and dwarves are primarily shopkeeprs, craftsmen and barkeeps. the dwarves head most technological innovations when it comes to architecture, warfare and transport.
Humans take care of the other technologies usually
The elves have the monopoly on political influence, often acting more as a gentry pressure rather than direct politicians. They often are heads of corperate businesses, using their long lifespans to their advantage. they're often overly conservative and so can hinder some political advancement (eg they object to the space programme on the whole)
Normal politics are usually mixed, but humans have the highest involvement alongside dwarves.

The Underdark creatures never saw much advantage in moving to the surface and remained uin the huge underground cities, developing technology in their own way. Electricity is limited and so they always relied heavily on developing magical methods.
However those dark elves, goblins etc who do go to the surface often excell in illegal substances and trade as they can move illegal items around with incredible ease and secrecy.  

dragontamer363
Crew

b10n1cl3k1n6

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:38 pm
... It makes perfect sense to me. biggrin It sounds like a book I've read before. "On A Pale Horse," sound familiar to anyone?

So yeah, I'm definitely in, and I think I can make Vence fit in perfectly. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:43 pm
awesome biggrin

i've never heard of it - was it good?

so yup i'm adding to it as i go around other stuff. if you want to try and make a character sheet while i'm doing that that's great, and i'll just let you know if anything conflicts with what i'm setting up :3  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm
I think I finally have a character in mind......

*starts doodling*

Will there be a profile skeleton up sometime?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:54 pm
ooh heck yes. I almost forgot about this *wades trhough work* XD

Aye, i'll try stick one up in a spare moment tmrw - but if you wnat to get started it'll be the standard name,race,gender,age,occupation,appearance,personality,bio,strengths,weaknesses,other wink  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:03 pm
Will do. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:14 pm
I'm coloring my character as as of now.....hopefully I don't screw it up since I'm quite happy with how he turned out.  

0Moon_Maiden0

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:16 pm
awesome biggrin  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items