Emotional Influences Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 pm
That's the plan. I'm thinkging it might be in my best interest to try and channel anything excess towards something positive instead of just leaving it to build up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:04 pm
Gypsy Blue
That's the plan. I'm thinkging it might be in my best interest to try and channel anything excess towards something positive instead of just leaving it to build up. 3nodding
Allright, let us know if it works ^.^

Or on the other hand, this very line of reasoning might provoke a subconscious filter of optimism on everything. Unless this post brings that out of the subconscious and dispells it. So now you have to consciously put that back into the subconscious and consciously forget it... ninja  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:40 pm
blukattt
Our emotional side is one aspect of our three sides: Mental, Emotional, and Physical (or 4, if you include Spiritual.) We need all the sides to be balanced. Without that, casting spells would be like trying to launch a model rocket off of a ball: it may go straight up, but the slightest change in condition, and WHAM! You got a rocket stuck in your gut, or someone around you. sweatdrop

LOL! I love that!

And Seraph- so all we need to do is to subconsciously conscience the subconscious and... er... hang on, I'll get it... ^_^'  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:54 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Or on the other hand, this very line of reasoning might provoke a subconscious filter of optimism on everything. Unless this post brings that out of the subconscious and dispells it. So now you have to consciously put that back into the subconscious and consciously forget it... ninja

After the 18th Century literature exam I just wrote, I htink this just completely melted my brain. Here's hoping that shopping sets it right for my Celtic lit exam tomorrow morning. blaugh  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:45 pm
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

After the 18th Century literature exam I just wrote, I htink this just completely melted my brain. Here's hoping that shopping sets it right for my Celtic lit exam tomorrow morning. blaugh
Exam on a Saturday? Ouch. How did it go?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:25 pm
Awesome, actually. This is the third Celtic literature course I've ever taken, and I have come to one conclusion: I am the Queen of Celtic Lit! Either the memory of these stories is just in my blood, or they're so strange I simply can't forget them. I only have one more to get through before I can take off home for the break.

Mmmmm... Someone else's cooking... *drool*

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:38 pm
Gypsy Blue
Awesome, actually. This is the third Celtic literature course I've ever taken, and I have come to one conclusion: I am the Queen of Celtic Lit! Either the memory of these stories is just in my blood, or they're so strange I simply can't forget them. I only have one more to get through before I can take off home for the break.

Mmmmm... Someone else's cooking... *drool*
It seems I'm like that for analysis of literature. All the meanings just sink into my brain. I never take notes, and do better than people who do.

And I can bullshit as well! Hehe, 100% on a midterm on a movie I only saw half of.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:22 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
It seems I'm like that for analysis of literature. All the meanings just sink into my brain. I never take notes, and do better than people who do.

And I can bullshit as well! Hehe, 100% on a midterm on a movie I only saw half of.

I'm not that good, and none of this is analyzation. It's simply remembering the stories, keeping the characters straight, and being able to produce information from the texts from memory. Pretty simple stuff, really. wink  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:07 am
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

I'm not that good, and none of this is analyzation. It's simply remembering the stories, keeping the characters straight, and being able to produce information from the texts from memory. Pretty simple stuff, really. wink
Ah. I don't know to many. Just the ones about the Morrigan and CuChuchulain(sp?), Cerridwen and the first bard, and a little bit about Rhiannon and Pwyll.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:54 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Ah. I don't know to many. Just the ones about the Morrigan and CuChuchulain(sp?), Cerridwen and the first bard, and a little bit about Rhiannon and Pwyll.

We'll have a pow wow some day, and I can tell you lots. We can do stories on Fionn MacCumhaill, CuChulainn, The King's Cycle, Tuath de Danann stories, Irish folk tales, a few more Welsh Myths, and jump into King Arthur. Heck, I can give you the run down of the Tain Bo (Cattle raid of Cooley) wink  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:12 pm
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph

We'll have a pow wow some day, and I can tell you lots. We can do stories on Fionn MacCumhaill, CuChulainn, The King's Cycle, Tuath de Danann stories, Irish folk tales, a few more Welsh Myths, and jump into King Arthur. Heck, I can give you the run down of the Tain Bo (Cattle raid of Cooley) wink
I'd like to find out some more about the Tuatha de Danaan, for two main reasons.

1. The sidhe tend to feature a lot in some of my stories.
2. the Morrigan used to be my patron Goddess, and I'd want to find out more about the race She used to rule.

I was sent a link that led me to a completely trnascibed text of "The Faerie Faith in the Celtic Countries" or something along those lines. heard of it? Here's the link.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/ffcc/index.htm  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:50 am
No, I hadn't heard of it. It's been something I've been meaning to look into, but I think the book I found and had hoped was going to be decent on faerie magick turned out to be written by a nutter. sweatdrop Thanks for the link!  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:31 am
My pleasure. I know the feeling about books like that though. I had picked up this one on Astral Projection. And I'm reading it going "yeah, so I'm supposed to create a Watcher out of Astral matter, send it about to spy for me, then absord it back into my being, and thu gain all the knowledge it saw? Sure..."

On the other hand, it had an interesting use of the circle motif for purifying an area that I'll have to look at again soon.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:26 am
When my author failed to differentiate between "creative visualization" and "imagining things" when trying to see and work with the fae, I put the book down and haven't been back to it since. Later, I may go through it to see if I can glean anything useful.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas