Aerith and Cloud.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Gohan I

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 am
Leading Ladies
Y'know, I've never actually shared my opinion on the Love Triangle Debate until now...Whatever.

THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS SPOILERS...READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I seriously think Square set it up to make us bicker and b***h at each other for fifteen years.They seem to enjoy watching their fans writhe in pain.

But I digress...

The theme of the game was the cycle of life, death and rebirth. Aerith/Aeris was a plot point to support that theme. In the beginning, they set the plot up as Cloud x Aerith to heighten the sorrow of loss.

That far in the game; Yes. I did think Cloud x Aerith was canon.

But there are still two discs left, along with Crisis Core. As the plot continued, you learn about Zack's role in the events leading up to Final Fantasy VII. You witness Tifa's (who, due to Aerith's untimely death became the Female Lead) devotion to Cloud as a whole. It wasn't just a childhood crush sustained for too long. Tifa loved Cloud, and proved that she always had. After Cloud recovered from the mako poisoning, he began to show affections for Tifa, which in the end climaxed in the 'Night Under the Highwind' scene just before the final battle. Translations from the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania prove that Cloud harbored affections for Tifa.

By the end of Final fantasy VII, shared traumas and joys resulted in a relationship between Tifa and Cloud. Thus, Final Fantasy VII concluded with Cloud x Tifa as canon.

This can also be sustained in Crisis Core, as a major plot arc was about Aerith and Zack's adolescent relationship. Hell, the boy made not one...but THREE flower wagons for her. And in the end of Crisis Core, Aerith's DMW memory reel was the very last to be destroyed during the fight that would kill him. She...above all other loved ones he knew...was his most cherished. He only let go of her when he physically could not hold on any longer. If that isn't screaming AerithxZack canon at you, I don't know what else to say to convince you.

End spoiler warning.
But crack pairings are ALWAYS avaiable. Who is stopping us from shipping other pairings? xD

like kadaj x cloud o.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:29 am
Both Aerith and Cloud, and Aerith and Zack are canon pairings. If you read Maiden Who Travels the Planet, it states that apparently Aerith loved Cloud more than she loved Zack. This I didn't know until I read the novella. I'm personally more of an Aerith and Zack fan, though I used to be very pro Aerith and Cloud. It's not that I'm not into that pairing, it's simply that I really like Zack over Cloud. When it comes to Tifa and Cloud, well, as far as in game, it seemed like that coupling would never happen. I think she would definitely be second to Aerith, and if we saw more of Final Fantasy, let's say years into the future, I'm sure that Cloud and Tifa would eventually be a couple, due to Tifa's devotion to Cloud, and Aerith's absence. However, if Cloud truly loves Aerith like it is stressed, then he may choose to remain alone.  

Aerith Great Gospel
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas