Square Enix, Coming soon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Lucrecia Crescent MD
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 pm
I thought FFVI was a great game, but I have to agree that the few hours I spent trying to get into it was time I'd rather spent on something else....

I think backwater games like the amazing Odin Sphere should get more attention. The bigger game series get so hyped that they seldom manage to live up to the expectations, sadly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:21 pm
yeah i agree we need more games like that.  

Alma_Frostangel

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:40 pm
XxFFVIICloudxX
well yea, its already out in japan lol...but over here its not...plus yea, i agree with you about the dissidia

It came out in July.... I have a copy...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am
XxFFVIICloudxX
Part 12 was i agree not one of their best, but just because they didnt do well on part 12 doesnt mean they cant make better ones. I think it would be idiotic to give up on SQ enix now all because of one game. lets be honest, 6 wasnt great either...But right after (VII), They came up with one of the best games in history, and im not exaggerating either.

13 is surppose to be a really good game based off of lots of things we already know about it
1. It will be on PS3, great graphics
2. The Fighting system has been improved greatly
and
3. According to game shows like X-play, it will have a great storyline to it, they say because of such the long wait between 12 and 13, The game it self will be expected to be good in the first place, because of improvments that not even we know about yet.

I think you should reconsider you thoughts about 13/S.E.

S.E. have been know to create amazing games and i dont think for one sec that this will be a bad game.

Hey, c'mon now. 6 was pretty good. D=
Sure the graphic is old school... but the plot line makes up for it, as well as the music. Who doesn't enjoy Nobuo-san's compositions? =)  

nya_Neko-chii
Vice Captain

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Turk Shuriken

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 pm
I hope they do make a second DFF, but I can't imagine it.
I guess I'll have to see it sweatdrop I'm not that creative.

As far as 13 goes, I'm looking forward to it!
I'm completely pumped up about it!

(I liked 6, too... Dx)

KHBBS can't be considered "KH3" since it's technically before KH and KH2...
So it's like KH0... or something.
Since the worlds were all put back in order and everyone was reunited, I wonder if there could BE a true KH3... It'd be interesting, but I'm afraid it'd be redundant... or overkill.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 pm
XxFFVIICloudxX
lets be honest, 6 wasnt great either...But right after (VII), They came up with one of the best games in history, and im not exaggerating either.

...since we're going to be honest here: While I enjoyed 7, I feel it's an overhyped game that was poorly translated with a villain who wasn't even the actual villain of the game.

I think you meant to say "I'll be honest, I felt.."

6 was a fantastic game, had beautiful graphics for the time it was released(and arguably still very pretty now), had a huge cast of characters that all had charm to them(though I will admit I do not like Strago or Relm) and were likeable, and had a villain that actually succeeded in bringing the world to ruin.

Oh and by the way, FF6 made #8 in Game Informer's recent Top 200 games, SURPASSING 7 on their list. The only thing revolutionary about 7 was that it was 3D characters and incorporated CGI cutscenes.

I'm sorry, I should have waited an hour before posting this but seeing comments like these really cheeses me off.

For the record I loved 7, I played the hell out of it. I maxed out my game time on it getting absolutely every secret, items, levels I could.  

TB

Aged Browser

Nikki Rydia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 pm
XxFFVIICloudxX
Part 12 was i agree not one of their best, but just because they didnt do well on part 12 doesnt mean they cant make better ones. I think it would be idiotic to give up on SQ enix now all because of one game. lets be honest, 6 wasnt great either...But right after (VII), They came up with one of the best games in history, and im not exaggerating either.

13 is surppose to be a really good game based off of lots of things we already know about it
and
3. According to game shows like X-play, it will have a great storyline to it, they say because of such the long wait between 12 and 13, The game it self will be expected to be good in the first place, because of improvments that not even we know about yet.

S.E. have been know to create amazing games and i dont think for one sec that this will be a bad game.

Final Fantasy VI kicks @$$! No one can hate on the classics because back then in the early 90's those games are what got people hooked on Final Fantasy. I don't know about you, but all I ever hear is FFX, Cloud, Kingdom Hearts, Vincent, Orginization XIII, Heartless, the entire Compilation of FFVII, Sephiroth, keyblades, and so on and so forth. No appreciation for the classics. crying

...now getting back to the thread's point, regarding Dissidia...if there's gonna be a remake, Kain from FFIV will be in it for sure. Wee!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:07 pm
Nikki Rydia
XxFFVIICloudxX

and

Final Fantasy VI kicks @$$! No one can hate on the classics because back then in the early 90's those games are what got people hooked on Final Fantasy. I don't know about you, but all I ever hear is FFX, Cloud, Kingdom Hearts, Vincent, Orginization XIII, Heartless, the entire Compilation of FFVII, Sephiroth, keyblades, and so on and so forth. No appreciation for the classics. crying

...now getting back to the thread's point, regarding Dissidia...if there's gonna be a remake, Kain from FFIV will be in it for sure. Wee!

Nobody appreciates them because Square doesn't do jack crap to reuse them(oh yay, Setzer's in KH2!....except he's...beating up kids with wiffleball bats...and is really easy to beat...and is Edgar apparently...). So most of the new generation of FF fans aren't familiar with them. FF7 was really a start of the new generation of fans because of as I said before, the huge graphics change with the awesome cutscenes added. The rise of the Playstation era really.

Sure we got one remake of 4 and a bunch of GBA ports, but I've never seen crap for advertising like I do with say, 13 nowadays. I didn't even hear about the FFIV sequel getting ported to Wii till it was almost ready to launch.

I'm pretty certain Nomura is part of the reason we don't get to see the classics cameo'd(Dissidia doesn't count :V) all that often. I heard he didn't even really want Setzer or Vivi included in KH2.  

TB

Aged Browser

Princess Schala Zeal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 am
They're hiring the Netherland team to remake Lufia 2 in 3D with full voice cast for the DS. L2 was one of my favorite games for SNES, so I'm eager for this.

As for FFXIV, besides WoW, I'm not an MMO person. Not to mention, if you subscribe to FF11/14, Square'll have a field day with your credit card. Happened to this one guy and he sued them for $5 million for "unlawful enrichment."

Square *makes* okay games, but as a company, they only care about the money, even at the expense of their own (ex) fans. Just a fair warning. I say only get attached to their non-MMO games, not the company. Because otherwise you will be exploited.

I apologize for the dark statement, but they have a pretty nasty history the past decade in terms of fan communities/projects.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:41 am
Princess Schala Zeal
They're hiring the Netherland team to remake Lufia 2 in 3D with full voice cast for the DS. L2 was one of my favorite games for SNES, so I'm eager for this.

As for FFXIV, besides WoW, I'm not an MMO person. Not to mention, if you subscribe to FF11/14, Square'll have a field day with your credit card. Happened to this one guy and he sued them for $5 million for "unlawful enrichment."

Square *makes* okay games, but as a company, they only care about the money, even at the expense of their own (ex) fans. Just a fair warning. I say only get attached to their non-MMO games, not the company. Because otherwise you will be exploited.

I apologize for the dark statement, but they have a pretty nasty history the past decade in terms of fan communities/projects.

Let's not kid ourselves. All companies are trying to make money. It's what businesses do. Squeenix unfortunetly chooses to take the "let's screw over our playerbase" method of dealing with its fanbase.

Much of the reason XI was such a pain the the rear for new NA/EU players was because the majority JP playerbase doesn't question the company and their methods(you don't argue with authority, ect). The only reason the game achieved so much change was because the NA/EU community made so much noise about the game's difficulty and voted with their wallets by quitting that SE finally started changing things for the better.

Unfortunetly most of those changes I feel came just too late into the game's life, and now that 14 is rolling around I don't think I'll be sticking around 11 much longer. I'll say it though, I loved 11 even if most of the game was just a giant headache to get through. I really truly hope that when they finally close down the servers that they somehow will create a single player version of it that focuses around the game's main storyline and mission segments. THIS is the reason I still play XI folks. It has an amazing story and some really awesome characters, and the use of cutscenes just make it feel so personal..

However: I'm afraid that once Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out, I'll probably end up finally retiring my characters. My tiny Taru(well, Lalafell in this case) paladin will find a new path through 14, while I also travel the Star Wars universe as a Bounty Hunter. :V

As for the billing: It shouldn't be so bad with 14 since I think they're ditching the PlayOnline system which was the real reason people were getting double-billed(they use an absolutely retarded billing system).  

TB

Aged Browser

Princess Schala Zeal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 am
What really kills off my interest in MMOs would be the commonly used loss of exp/gear/levels... One thing I like about WoW is that your gear has a stat called durability and it very slowly withers as you fight, and 10% of it is lost when you die (an additional 25% if you decide to use a spirit healer to resurrect you rather than running back to your corpse) although there's no durability penalty when facing enemy players. So how do you regain lost durability? Simple: get a repair NPC to fix it for a reasonable fee.

Another element that kills my interest in other MMOs is the lack of community RP. WoW designates a few servers as RP (even though the majority of them are now filled with anti-RP morons, which is like anti-Christs attending church lol)

Next is the PVP element. Most MMOs have an open season policy where you need to watch your back everywhere. WoW *does* have those types of servers, BUT there are other servers (RP included) which you have to flag for it first. It's much easier when you don't have to cover your a** wherever you go.

Lastly is the company that develops, maintains, and provides the MMO. Many MMOs I've tried simply let those Chinese bots run around conning their player base of virtual items and plenty of times doing something malicious with their credit card information. Blizzard Entertainment spends countless amounts of money and time to crushing these criminals. Many times, the source of these con-artists products are a result of a legit player getting hacked and drained of everything. So, when you buy these products, you are essentially receiving stolen property. Also, in WoW at least, the customers of these criminals are screwed by the same criminals down the road the same way, and their accounts used to promote their fraudulent services. In the end, you might as well take a Nigerian money transfer email seriously, because the outcome is the same -- some foreigner robs you and it's out of U.S. jurisdiction for the authorities to do anything about it. So... play safe and don't be a moron.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:37 am
Princess Schala Zeal
What really kills off my interest in MMOs would be the commonly used loss of exp/gear/levels... One thing I like about WoW is that your gear has a stat called durability and it very slowly withers as you fight, and 10% of it is lost when you die (an additional 25% if you decide to use a spirit healer to resurrect you rather than running back to your corpse) although there's no durability penalty when facing enemy players. So how do you regain lost durability? Simple: get a repair NPC to fix it for a reasonable fee.

Another element that kills my interest in other MMOs is the lack of community RP. WoW designates a few servers as RP (even though the majority of them are now filled with anti-RP morons, which is like anti-Christs attending church lol)

Next is the PVP element. Most MMOs have an open season policy where you need to watch your back everywhere. WoW *does* have those types of servers, BUT there are other servers (RP included) which you have to flag for it first. It's much easier when you don't have to cover your a** wherever you go.

Lastly is the company that develops, maintains, and provides the MMO. Many MMOs I've tried simply let those Chinese bots run around conning their player base of virtual items and plenty of times doing something malicious with their credit card information. Blizzard Entertainment spends countless amounts of money and time to crushing these criminals. Many times, the source of these con-artists products are a result of a legit player getting hacked and drained of everything. So, when you buy these products, you are essentially receiving stolen property. Also, in WoW at least, the customers of these criminals are screwed by the same criminals down the road the same way, and their accounts used to promote their fraudulent services. In the end, you might as well take a Nigerian money transfer email seriously, because the outcome is the same -- some foreigner robs you and it's out of U.S. jurisdiction for the authorities to do anything about it. So... play safe and don't be a moron.

Oh I'm quite familiar with how WoW runs. I've played it on and off for a number of years but I get really bored of it after some months time before I quit again.

Thing is, durability doesn't really do it for me. I died? Oh well, no exp penalty and just have to pay some coin to repair that dent! I feel no threat from death other than slight annoyance. Raid game it's more of a giant irritance with the rate of repair bills.

I grew up with Everquest, a game that made you FEAR death! And that's what I feel is missing from mmo's nowadays but I know I'll never see again. PVP in WoW doesn't count since again, death is only somewhat of an inconveniance and more annoying/infuriating than actually something to be scared of.

I'll tell you what's missing in MMO's nowadays: Teamwork. I can solo my way through most mmos these days without touching a dungeon. I admit I do a lot more soloing in XI now that it's finally a viable option, but I do still look for a group here and there. I never wanted to group with people in WoW because 90% of the time people would not work together and would go do their own thing. Therefore I really didn't make any good friends like I have in, again, FFXI and Everquest.

Oh and don't even get me started on gil sellers in XI. Over the last year SE finally started doing something about it and the massive inflation we had at one point took a nose dive. Not all their methods have been good ones though: They added some automated RMT checker that banned a ton of legitamate players who were simply using mule characters to Garden and sell off the harvested items for cash(RMTs were doing this as well but on a much more massive scale, then selling off the gil).

I also hear horror stories of SE's horrible customer service and I'm so glad I haven't had to deal with that mess.

But this is getting way off topic...  

TB

Aged Browser

Princess Schala Zeal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:49 pm
Their favorite hobby is shutting down fan projects that had a lot of effort put into them.

Always wait til the last moment... let them get it almost complete after years of work, then s**t all over them.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:09 am
Princess Schala Zeal
Their favorite hobby is shutting down fan projects that had a lot of effort put into them.

Always wait til the last moment... let them get it almost complete after years of work, then s**t all over them.

*cough*

http://ff7.ocremix.org/

http://xenogears.ocremix.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2E7kEkHf14&feature=related

http://worldvii.deviantart.com/  

mew Aeris
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash