Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Dragon Age: Origins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cybylt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm
Surprised nobody brought up the game before. It's amazing, a real work of art by Bioware.

So, what do you all think of it and has anyone else played it?

I've made a Human Warrior and a City Elf Rogue.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:57 pm
I'm a Human Warrior and City Elf Mage  

The Ginger Dude

Haxxle

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:43 am
I know this is about DragonAge: Origins but I might as well say that there is a flash game which some what gives you special items exclusive for DragonAge origins, Heres the link:

http://www.dragonagejourneys.com/

No download required just level up like hell, grab a few team members and nab those exclusive unlockable items!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:17 pm
I think I will wait on this game. Right now I don't have time to put 80 hours into a game and do that over 3 characters(1 of each race). Other games take priority over this game, until I have those games over with I will be playing it.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm
Make it 6 characters - six origin stories.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:32 pm
I don't know what it is about the fall, but it makes me crave RPGs really bad. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile now, but I'm going to wait until Christmas for it. I've got Borderlands, and since I haven't been able to play it much due top my Xbox's death, I'll have my hands full with it just running around and collecting guns.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:33 pm
Can someone clear up the graphics for me? Are they good on the console? I have seen screenshots and gameplay on powerhog gaming rigs but not an xbox. When I compare the 2 the 360 seems to be lacking the hardware to make it look beautiful.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 pm
It looks good, the only parts lacking are some background renders but that's only compared to some overpowered rigs.

Regardless, it's a very good looking game.  

Cybylt

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm
What's this game even about? Every single trailer or piece of advertisement is just random violence, an image of a dragon and "FROM THE MAKERS OF MASS EFFECT AND KOTOR!!!!"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:31 pm

I rented it from Blockbuster last month, and enjoyed every little bit of it. But I got stuck and now I'll probably have to start allllllllllll over again. I normally don't like these type of games, but this one was done very well. I'll probably pick it up for christmas and get the guide with it.

Jahinske The Second

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:41 am
nitnit
What's this game even about? Every single trailer or piece of advertisement is just random violence, an image of a dragon and "FROM THE MAKERS OF MASS EFFECT AND KOTOR!!!!"

Its about Dragons Aging! xD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:37 pm
nitnit

Now that I actually have played the game, here is what I know so far. Its about a threat that is troubling the land of Ferelden. The threat is the Darkspawn which are creatures created by someone...I forget who but they tell you in the beginning of the game. There is a faction that devote there life to killing the Darkspawn known as the Grey Wardens. You then create a character from 3 races, 2 genders, and 6 family backgrounds! After you play for a few hours you are selected to become a Grey Warden and fight the great threat troubling the land!  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm
I've read on the elitist RPG sites that it starts off pretty good (in terms of story and qualities of an RPG) but quickly degrades into mindless action halfway through.

It's still a recommended play, so I'll check it out eventually.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games