Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Call of Duty World at War

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 am
So, I finally got around to gameflying Call of Duty World at War, also known as CoD5, and played through the campaign. I have to say, that game was an exercise in dodging grenades. Aside from in the second to final mission, almost 90% of my deaths were from random grenades thrown at me en masse. And yes, I did throw back as many as I could.

To be fair though, the Russian missions were mostly pretty good. I can't really say the same for the American missions, barring the one where you storm the castle.

Just simply posting this to see if anyone else has played World at War, if they enjoyed it, and how the rest of the franchise stacks up against it (mostly CoD's 4 and 5 I'm interested in)

I ask this because I'm thinking of putting the first modern warfare near the top of my game queue, but it's just as much of a grenade spam fest, I might change my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 pm
Its to bad you had to expereince Treyarch's CoD. Infinitry Ward does the job 50x better. Also, you do not have to worry about dodging grenades as much. The story is very well done. From what I heard from Modern Warfare 2, it just blows your mind on how much quality they put into their product. I definitely suggest to bump CoD4 higher into your queue.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:00 am
I've played CoD5 for the Wii, and yeah on veteran the grenades are insane!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:57 pm
I grenade thing is pretty much true in every sense, but I feel like that could be said of all all the COD games I've played.

Do I think its the best game in the franshice? No, but I like how it just focused on two campaigns instead of a lot of campaigns (like COD 2) or just one (like COD 3). The Russian missions were pretty much my favorite: You don't get much cooler than going from crawling by the bodies of your dead comrades to taking down the Nazi Flag at the Reichstag.

Also, Nazi Zombies was a nice touch. More fun than I thought it would be.  

Haratio TaFotter

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm
Did you just say exercise? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 am
Call of Duty 2 only had 3 views. Russian, British, and American (in that order) xD  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:40 am
Tron714
Call of Duty 2 only had 3 views. Russian, British, and American (in that order) xD

Its still more than I thought there should have been. I think there was too much going on, though it would have been worse if it had jumped around between campaigns like 4 and 5 did.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:19 am
MercifuI Fate
Did you just say exercise? xd

Yeah, I properly used it too.  

nitnit
Captain

Jahinske The Second

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm

I've always loved COD WaW. I just recently got it yesterday, and I must say I am addicted to the old school feel. I bought Modern Warfare 2 when it first came out, and still want to play WaW.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:34 pm
Tron714
Its to bad you had to expereince Treyarch's CoD. Infinitry Ward does the job 50x better. Also, you do not have to worry about dodging grenades as much. The story is very well done. From what I heard from Modern Warfare 2, it just blows your mind on how much quality they put into their product. I definitely suggest to bump CoD4 higher into your queue.

what he said  

Lt Gigglebottom

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces