Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Hurray range time!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:02 pm
I went to the range today to get rid of the top half of my 100 round box of .40SW. I learned a few things today.
I need to sight my carbine. Badly.
My girlfriend doesn't like to shoot my .40
And ******** white box.
User Image
Twenty rounds down range at 100 yards, not all of them were hits....  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:08 pm
I also got some range time on Sunday. Got to shoot a Kimber Custom II, a Springfield XD9, and a S&W 620.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

OO23OO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Sgt Buckner
I also got some range time on Sunday. Got to shoot a Kimber Custom II, a Springfield XD9, and a S&W 620.
Sweet.
The range I went to was lonely. There was a guy sighting in his muzzle loader and what I believe was a break open long gun. When he left a guy with a bolt action came, but I left before I got to see anything other than the stock.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:19 pm
Sounds like a fun time. I haven't been able to go shooting since last years family reunion. Even then I just burned through a box of .22lr before my uncle asked me to call it a day since his range isn't sound proofed.  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

OO23OO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:40 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Sounds like a fun time. I haven't been able to go shooting since last years family reunion. Even then I just burned through a box of .22lr before my uncle asked me to call it a day since his range isn't sound proofed.
I want a .22 so I can shoot all day and not kill my wallet.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:34 pm
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It's good as a "plinker" round, but in my opinion, not much else. It's tough to get a .22 to reach out to 300 yards accurately, and for the price, I'd prefer something more expensive that can reach out to 1000 yards and stay sub-MOA.  

Shrantic

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:46 pm
Shrantic
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
It's good as a "plinker" round, but in my opinion, not much else. It's tough to get a .22 to reach out to 300 yards accurately, and for the price, I'd prefer something more expensive that can reach out to 1000 yards and stay sub-MOA.
Well no s**t. I'm sure we all know .22 is limited for range and damage. We aren't talking about hunting bears. We're talking about shooting for the sake of shooting so we might as well go with .22 since you get more bang for your buck.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:53 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Shrantic
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Well no s**t. I'm sure we all know .22 is limited for range and damage. We aren't talking about hunting bears. We're talking about shooting for the sake of shooting so we might as well go with .22 since you get more bang for your buck.
Shooting for the sake of shooting and nothing else- there's not better round than the .22. But I'm always kinda finicky and try to aim at something regardless. >.>  

Shrantic

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm
Shrantic
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Shrantic
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
Shooting for the sake of shooting and nothing else- there's not better round than the .22. But I'm always kinda finicky and try to aim at something regardless. >.>
Well yes. It is nice to aim at something, but chances are you won't need to aim out past 100 yards.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm
Shrantic
OO23OO
Desert_Fox_Rommel
What are you talking about? The .22 can easily take down a zombie..... hahaha, now that I've got that out of my system, I would like a lever action .22 if any, because I love lever guns, and I want a massive collection of them. Or a pump action, because pump actions are BA.  

OO23OO

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff