Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Blizzard has finally angered me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 pm
Well the millions of people who buy Call of Duty and Guitar Hero have no reason to complain.

Also sounds like someone (you) is a little bitter over someone being richer than you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:10 am
Not really, I'm perfectly fine with people being rich.

And those millions of people can continue to enjoy those games, I have nothing against them, people all have their own tastes and who am I to say what they like is wrong?

Bobby is still a d**k and that fact will remain as long as he continues to behave as such.  

Cybylt

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am
You called every CEO a douche. Also if you believe his ridiculous (and often funny) statements make him a d**k, that isn't a fact, just an opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 am
Fair enough, but I still think it.

Point is, video games are as much art as they are business, and people like him don't realize it and will change nothing, stopping the evolution as an art as long as it brings a profit.  

Cybylt

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm
Razull

Point is, video games are as much art as they are business, and people like him don't realize it and will change nothing, stopping the evolution as an art as long as it brings a profit.
That's what homebrew is for. Too bad most homebrew developers lack the funding to make anything amazing...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:54 pm
Razull

Activision's Success = Blizzard's Success, Blizzard's Success = more Blizzard games. Therefore, I'm glad when Activision succeeds.  

nitnit
Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:33 am
Even if that means their games never change for the better?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:44 am
nitnit
Razull

Activision's Success = Blizzard's Success, Blizzard's Success = more Blizzard games. Therefore, I'm glad when Activision succeeds.

The only good developers Activision has is Blizzard, Infinity Wars, and Neversoft. If it wasn't for those 3 companies they would probably wouldn't have the financial success they have now. Look at the IPs they had that are now ruined. Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 am
Speaking of which, Guitar Hero 6 has been announced as has been in development since two minutes before 5 launched.

And I'm willing to bet World at War 2 will release sometime next year.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:25 pm
Razull
Speaking of which, Guitar Hero 6 has been announced as has been in development since two minutes before 5 launched.

Actually CoD:WaW was just done to have WW2 with the newer engine. So don't expect anything like that. Since Infinity Ward is trying to drop the franchise to work on a new IP. The CoD IP will probably die, due to Treyarch or the new Sledgehammer games.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 pm
The Guitar Hero thing makes sense since at this point there's very little development needed since they're just adding small things and new songs onto the same old game. If you like the games, buy them, if you don't, stay away.

Considering the absurd success of Modern Warfare 2, saying that the CoD IP is going to die is kind of... foolish? I mean, sure, maybe in 20 years or so, but I highly doubt it's going away any time soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 am
Tron714
Razull

Actually CoD:WaW was just done to have WW2 with the newer engine. So don't expect anything like that. Since Infinity Ward is trying to drop the franchise to work on a new IP. The CoD IP will probably die, due to Treyarch or the new Sledgehammer games.

Obviously you underestimate the "annual exploitation" part of the company's business plan.

To quote Yahtzee

"Modern Warfare 2 sells like hotcakes crammed into an unreleased Harry Potter novel about miss Hermione exploring her bi-curiosity."

There's no way any company would let go of that kind of success, let alone Activision.  

Cybylt

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:59 am
The thing is though Infinity Ward made that franchise a success. It was there original IP. Infinity Ward has also stated that they do not want to make anything Call of Duty anymore and would like to make a brand new IP. If you leave it to Treyarch and/or Sledgehammer Games(lead developers of this new developer worked on EA's Dead Space) then what will it be? More like World at War?

If you look at the games and look at which one was considered good/great, you will see that Infinity Ward created those quality titles. Take Infinity Ward out of the picture you will see games more like Call of Duty 3 and WaW.

Also, how much more can you milk out of past wars if they do not take the fantasy counter-terrorist route?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:37 am
I'd like to see infinity ward to a vietnam one, be interesting to me( I love how this went off-topic too)  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:47 pm
Tron714
The thing is though Infinity Ward made that franchise a success. It was there original IP. Infinity Ward has also stated that they do not want to make anything Call of Duty anymore and would like to make a brand new IP. If you leave it to Treyarch and/or Sledgehammer Games(lead developers of this new developer worked on EA's Dead Space) then what will it be? More like World at War?

If you look at the games and look at which one was considered good/great, you will see that Infinity Ward created those quality titles. Take Infinity Ward out of the picture you will see games more like Call of Duty 3 and WaW.

Also, how much more can you milk out of past wars if they do not take the fantasy counter-terrorist route?

Last time I checked World at War was still a pretty big success, and you forget that they can indeed continue the "modern" setting. Not to mention there are a lot of wars that have little representation in the video game setting.

Plus, even if Infinity ward is done with the CoD franchise they'll probably just make a new massively successful FPS set in the future or something.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff