Welcome to Gaia! ::

おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~ Open!

Back to Guilds

This is a guild where you learn and teach Japanese! There's roleplays, lessons, contests and more!This is also for people who love japan ! 

Tags: Japanese, learning, teaching, roleplays 

Reply おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~
Koneechiwa!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kisorami

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Arkab
Kisorami
Since most of you people don't know what the heck you are talking about, this is how you spell it:

おやほございます - ohayo gozaimasu - good morning
きんいちわ - konichiwa - hello/good afternoon
こんばんわ - konbanwa - good evening

I know some of you probably think this is really hypocritical, but stop acting like you know everything, I have some really good sources that I use for learning Japanese so I know what I'm talking about. I'm even going to take some Japanese classes this summer, so I hope you will listen to me when I say what something actually is.

No offence, but your sense of humour truly gave me a good laugh.
Sometimes people just want to help others, though it is regretful that a minority might provide the wrong information. Unfortunately, your actions are truly hypocritical. You are going to take some classes this summer, not that you have. Even if that was the case, it doesn't change the fact that you are disseminating wrong information. Hey, everyone's trying to learn in this guild. You don't have to be so critical of others. Have fun for your lessons, learning Japanese is a very interesting process.

You got the romanji and meanings mostly correct, but you gave the wrong hiragana for the first two phrases.

Wrong: おやほございます (o ya ho go za i ma su)
Correct: おはようございます (o ha yo u go za i ma su)
Note: Though it's acceptable not to include the 'u'(う) for romanji because it's not pronounced when you say it, the Japanese form actually includes it.

Wrong: きんいちわ (ki n i chi wa)
Correct: こんにちは (ko n ni chi wa)

the first mistake must have just my having typed it wrong by accident, but the second i wasnt sure about. when typing it on the computer (with a language bar) i would actually have to type 3 n's because to make only ん i have to press the n key twice.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 am

That's alright. People do make mistakes some time or other. At least now you know where it was wrong.

By the way, it should be noted that even though both おはようございます(o ha yo u go za i ma su) and おはよう(o ha yo u) means the same thing, the former is used in more formal contexts, such as when speaking to someone higher in social status.

Arkab

AllenRabiKanda28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 am
Hello!!! My name is Lexi. Nice to meet you. I love Japanese.(こんにちは!私の名前はLexiです。はじめまして。私は日本語が大好きです。)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:37 pm

ども。げんきですか?(^^)
                わたしのなまえわあゆです。はじめまして。
                おなまえわなんですか?

RINIU

Kitsune Michiyo

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm
In hiragana: こんにちは。

Possible kanji...? 今日は (translates to Today is...) -quite not sure about this, writing in hiragana is safe and common for GREETINGS-

How to say it in Japanese/English: Kon-ni-chi-wa <-- How it's written in English

How it's really spelled in Japanese: Konnichiha. That last は there is actually meant to be pronounced "wa." However, it's spelled as "ha" in Japanese and sometimes (as I do so) spelled in English. Most people spell it as Konnichiwa because of pronunciation so people don't want other people saying "konichiHA!" xP

Same with other words like Tokyo, is actually spelled in Japanese as Toukyou, and Sayonara is actually written as Sayounara. Other words like (correct spelling of all following words...) Ohayou gozaimasu, konbanha, and domo arigatou. It's all part of pronunciation in Japanese, foreigners just don't hear the long sounds (like "ou", long sounds) sometimes but they're there.

Tip: Always check the correct spelling for words in Japanese, people... especially if you're going to write them out in English. Also look for Japanese learning websites... and look for how to spell it in hiragana... Some websites like japanese-online.com spell out the pronunciations of words such as "ohayoo gozaimasu." Do not ask your friends or unprofessional websites like anime-related ones for spellings unless these people are Japanese majors in college, teachers, professors, or have been in Japanese class for at least 2 years or more.... lol. Checking twice or "thrice" is also great as well. The "ee" in English is not the same in Japanese. "Ee" in Japanese sounds like "ehh" in English.

でも、こんばんはみんな。私はみちよです。みんなはお元気?このフォーラムは楽しいです。  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Kitsune Michiyo
In hiragana: こんにちは。

Possible kanji...? 今日は (translates to Today is...) -quite not sure about this, writing in hiragana is safe and common for GREETINGS-

How to say it in Japanese/English: Kon-ni-chi-wa <-- How it's written in English

How it's really spelled in Japanese: Konnichiha. That last は there is actually meant to be pronounced "wa." However, it's spelled as "ha" in Japanese and sometimes (as I do so) spelled in English. Most people spell it as Konnichiwa because of pronunciation so people don't want other people saying "konichiHA!" xP

Same with other words like Tokyo, is actually spelled in Japanese as Toukyou, and Sayonara is actually written as Sayounara. Other words like (correct spelling of all following words...) Ohayou gozaimasu, konbanha, and domo arigatou. It's all part of pronunciation in Japanese, foreigners just don't hear the long sounds (like "ou", long sounds) sometimes but they're there.

Tip: Always check the correct spelling for words in Japanese, people... especially if you're going to write them out in English. Also look for Japanese learning websites... and look for how to spell it in hiragana... Some websites like japanese-online.com spell out the pronunciations of words such as "ohayoo gozaimasu." Do not ask your friends or unprofessional websites like anime-related ones for spellings unless these people are Japanese majors in college, teachers, professors, or have been in Japanese class for at least 2 years or more.... lol. Checking twice or "thrice" is also great as well. The "ee" in English is not the same in Japanese. "Ee" in Japanese sounds like "ehh" in English.

でも、こんばんはみんな。私はみちよです。みんなはお元気?このフォーラムは楽しいです。

Agreed. Most of the time, there are parts of the pronunciation that are included in the writing in which one may not hear when listening or speaking. However, sometimes, you can identify and pick up those extra syllables or dragged-out sounds.

皆、こんにちは!私の名前は謙信です。お元気ですか。
今、私はまあまあですね。

私は二年間くらい日本語を勉強しています。今度、あなたと話しましょうか。
^^  

Kenshin Mizoguchi

おはようございます!!! A Japanese Learning Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items